Hitch locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitch locks

Guys, has anyone installed a hitch lock? Mine has a flat plug bracket right next to it, about 40mm distance from pin hole, which gets in the way of most hitch locks. Not sure if the bent type hitch locks work.

Originally posted by Kiat View Post
    Guys, has anyone installed a hitch lock? Mine has a flat plug bracket right next to it, about 40mm distance from pin hole, which gets in the way of most hitch locks. Not sure if the bent type hitch locks work.
    I have this same issue... silly design haha

Thinking of making a few brackets to shift the plug across for more room...

Comment

Yeah, I have a hitch lock (bent style) from my Patrol sitting in the shed waiting for me to look into this.

Anyone got a solution yet?

Comment

I have resorted to bending the plug bracket downwards, but now it's making the screws rusty as mud + dirt tends to sit on it

Comment

I bent mine & found it was still in the way, so I just used some flat left over checker plate & moved it over out of the way a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Leondis View Post
            I bent mine & found it was still in the way, so I just used some flat left over checker plate & moved it over out of the way a bit.
            post some pics pls

Comment

00DZNR; Sorry but for some reason I can't upload the photos & will try later. Basically I got a spare piece of flat bar (can use either aluminium or checker-plate), drilled 4 holes the furthest away from the tow bar, & bolted them up. I've a lock on the end of my hitch pin, which is why I needed to move the 7 pin plug as far away as possible, so I can access the hitch pin lock.

The lock is there cause I've heard of instances where the normal R pin on a tow bar was simply pulled out & the tow tongue & ball stolen. Sadly it happens. I was in a group on Fraser Island years ago & we returned to our cars, only to find one of the guys had his UHF antenna stolen. Since then, I take a spare radio antenna on trips.

Hope this helps?

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Anthony.
                  I got rear-ended by a P-plater recently and bracket went out of whack. I'll probably bend the brackets and make the extension like in the photo.

Comment

Working...
                  X