Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform - Crusade

Hey Guys,
    Looking at roof solutions and the Pioneer Platform seems to be ticking all the boxes.

Was looking at the Roof racks -$389, Plus Steel Platform at $450 ish with mounting kit brings it in shouting distance of the price of the Pioneer Platform.

I'm just wondering if any other GXL/Crusade owners have the Pioneer Platform and if they have any issues with it?

Some photos of platform on the car and how high they sit off the rails would be great if they are out there as well.

Maybe there are other options that you guys/gals know of?

Cheers in advance,
    RJS

You need to get the legs and standard cross bars, and a attachment kit to mount the platform on. Search sxb conversion kit for instructions. Sx046 for the cross bars and legs.

I don't have a platform fitted to my fortuner yet as I need to get the racks. I have the platform from my last vehicle. A mate has one fitted to his challenger using the conversion kit and it seems pretty good.

Comment

• RJS
      RJS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that. I think the legs and crossbars were included as part of the platform.

Hi,

I've ordered the following bits from Autobarn while they had a 15% off sale on. As I understand it the platform ordered comes with suitable legs to attach it to the solid rails on the GXL/Crusade without the need for crossbars. The guy I ordered it through recommended doing it this way as the crossbars have a limit of 75kg, so once the platform goes on at 20kg theres only 55kg of gear you can put up there. The limit with the platform by itself is 80kg I think. Looking forward to getting it on and strapping some stuff to it! They sting ya for the accessories though!

Ordered :

Pioneer Platform JA8820 - $882.65 http://www.rhinorack.com.au/fit-my-c...usade-11-15-on

Jerry Can Horizontal #43152 - $199

Spare Wheel Strap #RSWS - $49

Comment

Looking closer at the rhino site, I see the sx version of the platform has the cross bars and conversion kit already attached, and the legs come as part of the kit if you order the vehicle specific part number, so that should make it easy.

As I already have a platform, I'll have to get the other bits separately. Ps, I really like the platform. It was great on my last vehicle, a jeep with a lot less space inside!

Comment

Cheers Guys.
        Got the Pioneer platform fitted today , so I've attached some photos.

Ended up going for the Shovel Holder, Eye bolts and Tie Down kit.

So far it's silent. Haven't had it up to 100 to see how it fairs on the highway, I'd expect some noise but not much.

Am waiting to see how I go when the Awning arrives, might have to shell out for the Awning brackets as well, if I can't make em.

Platform appears to sit as low as it can on these feet. The longer platform (400mm longer) I felt went too far forward.

Comment

• Shaun
          Shaun commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!

• Pagsuyuin25
          Pagsuyuin25 commented
          Editing a comment
          http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products...1236mm-_ja8821

Good day bro! Is that pioneer platform you got there is the same as what's on link? 1928mmx1236mm?

And, were you manage to install it yourself?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 tuna
          4 tuna commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey can you post a pic of the rack from a side on view, just wanted to see how far to the front of the roof it comes. Cheers

That is real nice...exactly the setup I wanted to see fitted up. I like the low profile brackets too. Thanks for the pics mate!!

Comment

Looks great. I really want to get my platform on now!

For awning brackets, try supa rv for 304 grade stainless that won't rust as easy.

http://www.suparvaustralia.com.au/4x...et_p/amb01.htm

Comment

Looks awesome. Any chance you can put up a photo of how the feet mount to the platform? Are they just a bolt through or some fancy mounting system? Those mounting feet are exactly what i want, but i already have a platform and looking to retrofit something

Comment

So this is the 1528mm? I need to transport an OZ Tent and was thinking of going with the 1928mm. You reckon the 1928 is to long though?

Comment

• gbrought
              gbrought commented
              Editing a comment
              The 1928 is not too long on my GX but has to sit "forward" about 10-15cm in order to clear the aerial and the rear door when lifted.

• RJS
              RJS commented
              Editing a comment
              The guy where I bought this suggested buying to smaller platform as it means you won't be tempted to carry too much, given the weight loading limits. There is also a note on the install instructions " Off Road Load Ratings - Max load rating should be dived by a safety factor of 1.5 eg 80/1.5=53kg"

I personally thought that the 1928 looked like it went too far forward on the roof - purely aesthetics and purely my opinion.

Hi,

These pics should give you an idea:

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...otype#post2175

I'm fairly sure thats the 1928 platform on a GX, looks pretty good I reckon.

Dave

Comment

Awesome thanks. So question of the day... Is the pioneer platform mounted on seperate Cross bars or mounted on its own attached legs. Pictures seem to indicate both?

Comment

• gbrought
                gbrought commented
                Editing a comment
                Dave is correct ... I've now measured and its short of 2m by about 70mm. The platform has legs that attach to the "crossbars" which are integral to the platform ... i.e. yo udon't need to purchase / attach additional cross bars AND existing cross bars wouldn't work!

• RJS
                RJS commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct -The crossbars are part number SX046 - The rack was 44100B.

Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks all.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-15.JPG
Views:	2190
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	5192 Finally got my old rack on the fortuner. Gave it a birthday first replacing all the bolts with stainless ones and a coat of anthracite plasti dip around the outside.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Joelstuna
                  Joelstuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where abouts did you get your rack from mate

• Silver Tuna
                  Silver Tuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a rhino rack pioneer platform with side rails. I think I got it from roof racks galore, but Ive had it probably 5 years, so I can't quite remember the name of place. Fitted using feet and conversion kit from rhino, purchased recently from autobarn on 25% off sale.

Nice, and saved yourself a few hundred to spend elswhere....

Comment

Just a quick question in relation to the Rhino roof racks for Crusade. Can you hear wind noise while traveling, I don't wont a hurricane following while driving. Anyone now a place of purchase around the Shire or South coast? and $$$ ??

Comment

• greyone58
                    greyone58 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Lozza,
                    I purchased a Pioneer Platform from the 4WD Service Centre at Taren Point. OL were having a sale of 10% off Rhino Racks. I asked if they would match or better the price,which they did. $900 (1528mm x 1236mm - 42100B). And yes, there is some wind noise at speed. If still interested, give them a call and ask for Raj. Tell him John (Ironman bullbar) referred you. Cheers.
                    Last edited by greyone58; 10-04-2017, 09:35 PM.

• RJS
                    RJS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is some wind noise, but I barely notice it now.
                Working...
                X