Dark tinted weathershields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark tinted weathershields.

Hello, Does anyone have the dark tinted weathershields on their Fortuner (all four doors)? I saw a set on a white Fortuner in a Toyota promo film clip, and another fortuner had them fitted in a out of town Toyota dealership I was looking in the other day. I can only find the clear / light tinted ones on the Toyota Fortuner accessories page, and I enquired about them when I was in my local dealership just recently, but he could only find the clear ones as well.
    If you have the dark ones, are they genuine Toyota? Did you get them fitted to vehicle at purchase of vehicle? Thanks.

I think mine is the dark tinted weathershields on all 4 doors. Came as a surprise, actually I was expecting the bloaty looking clear ones for the fronts doors only.

I still don't know if it is genuine or not, but it comes with proper clips and looks beefy (feels thick) and has the Toyota logo on every piece. Don't know what part no. that is, couldn't find it on the website.

Comment

Thanks Kiat. When in the out of town dealership the other day, they had 2 white fortuners parked side by side (one new, one demo), but facing opposite directions. It took me a few seconds to try and work out why one looked different. One had the weathershields fitted. The dark tinted weathershields actually blended in with the tinted windows... looked good. Didn't ask them then because I assumed Toyota would have the part number listed, and didn't bother ringing them yesterday because I thought they would only tell me the same thing as my local one. But might give them a call anyway.

Comment

From thailand.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-T...007?nav=SEARCH

Comment

Thanks P25. That looks like the ones.

Comment

I think those eBay parts from Thailand are really overpriced...

Comment

I just bought this one from ebay, coming from new town toyota perth.

Comment

I read and saw a photo on "NewHilux.net" forum yesterday of someone purchasing the genuine slimline tinted weathershields for their new twin cab Lux. They looked very similar, and I thought they said the set of 4 from Toyota cost $130, but I'm not 100% sure of the price, and can't find the post again. Will have another search for the post later.

Comment

I asked for a set of slimline weathershields on mine and they came tinted when I picked up the car yesterday

Comment

Thanks for that Psy.

Comment

Just lost my drivers side Toyota 'factory' Thai weathershield while driving up the Bruce Highway. I think it was air turbulence since fitting the TJM snorkel and the disturbed airflow hitting the plastic has weakened the double sided tape and ripped the shield half off... not sure how to remount it now as I am definitely keeping the snorkel!

Comment

Working...
                      X