Centre Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre Console

Has anyone tried removing the cigarette lighter socket from the middle console unit (the one for the middle passengers)?
    I am thinking of trying to pull it out somehow to piggy back a cable off of it and put a usb socket in the space where the inverter plug is in the Crusade model.
    It would generally only have an iPad or two iPods charging off of it and probably run my dash cam so shouldn't be too much power draw.

Will it be easy to remove, or is it a case of trying to take the whole centre console out? if so again is it easy?
    The other thing I am thinking is if that is where the inverter sits, there may be enough room for the main unit for a UHF to hideaway (thinking of a GME TX3550S).
    So if this was the case would need to be able to run the antennae coax though to there was well.

Thoughts? Comments?

BJ.

If you don't end up pulling the console apart you could always convert the cigi socket to a dual USB using something like this.

Get your Belkin Dual Port USB Car Charger - Black from CatchOfTheDay.com.au now!
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

I'm having a GME3550S installed on Wednesday. I'll let you know how the install goes.
      2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Originally posted by mrh460 View Post
        If you don't end up pulling the console apart you could always convert the cigi socket to a dual USB using something like this.
        Thanks, but already have one of those, but looking at something a bit more permanent and frees up the socket for other things

BJ.

Comment

Originally posted by mrh460 View Post
          I'm having a GME3550S installed on Wednesday. I'll let you know how the install goes.
          Keen to see where you mount the mic on the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Psykamaholik View Post

Keen to see where you mount the mic on the dash.
            Likewise

BJ

Comment

I'll post a pic of the mic dash mount on Wednesday night. We have a plan. Stay tuned ...

As far as the antenna is concerned, I have a steel bullbar, and will be using a GME AE4702B.

Comment

http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewto...?f=121&t=26248 some info there on getting the centre console up

Comment

this is how i mounted my UHF if that helps

Comment

• Nick2000
                    Nick2000 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks great, any more pictures of the CB antenna bracket ? Thanks

• Silver Tuna
                    Silver Tuna commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How did you mount the mic holder? Just screws through the panel behind? Is it easy to remove that panel secoin? Thanks.

This thread describes how to remove the console. Going to give it a shot myself so may take some photos at the same time.
                  Hey all, Long story short, wiring up dc/dc charger with solar/alternator input and i need an ignition activated power source for a relay. Any ideas inside

Comment

I took some photos today and have created a new post
                    This is the procedure for a Crusade but I would expect that all models will be very similar if not the same. 1) Handbrake on and car in neutral (if it stays

Comment

Nick2000 here is some pics of the antenna

Comment

Silver Tuna. it just held on with strong 3M double sided tape, i couldnt bring myself to drilling holes in the dash just yet

Comment

Working...
                        X