Map light assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map light assembly

Has anyone worked out how to remove the map light/sunglasses holder assembly? I figure it must be clips but knowing my luck I'll pull on it the wrong way and snap something. I'm wanting to install a remote head for a UHF in the gap between the roof liner and rear view mirror but the liner is a bit flimsy to try and just screw into that

Cancel that, worked it out, just have to pull down firmly. There are 4 red clips holding it in place.

Comment

Did you have any luck fitting the uhf in this spot?

Comment

Hi Psykamaholik,

Do you have any photos as I was wanting to use the 5v line for my dash cam..

Where are the 4 red clips, I just picked up my crusade last week

Thanks.

Comment

Here you are good Sir!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160710_125543.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	3983

Name:	20160710_142040.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	3984

Name:	20160710_142125_HDR.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	3985

Comment

• dandin
            dandin commented
            Editing a comment
            That opening with the grooves next to the switch looks like a cabin temp sensor. Is yours a Crusade?

• Psykamaholik
            Psykamaholik commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeap Crusade model

• Miki
            Miki commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Psykamaholik, looks easy enough

For my dashcam and UHF I just shoved the wires up into the roof liner and behind the rubber trim on each door. Doesn't affect sealing the door and you can't see it at all

Comment

I know I'm a pain , what wire did you plug in to for your dashcam ???

Comment

I dont think there is an ignition source in that wiring bundle , so at a guess he is wiring it via an on/off switch . when you get yours out can you put up a photo of the globes ? i plan to replace mine with LEDs. at a guess they are the standard T10 wedge going by that photo.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

I didn't take my power from the map light for my dashcam, mine is a split unit with the camera up on the windscreen and the main module sitting elsewhere in the vehicle. The wire got ran around the windscreen behind the roof liner and rubber trim in the doorway.

Comment

Working...
                X