Side pillar grab handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side pillar grab handles

Hi all, I'm looking for side pillar grab handle for 2nd row passenger. I think the ones from HIlux ute fits. Can anyone help with getting the part no. ?

They on ebay!

Comment

Do you have link? I checked not there mate, mostly are only roof handles or for front passenger, not rear. I'm looking for the upper panel/cover where handle is mounted and the handle of course. I have a handicap passenger.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232004083127
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/232004090697

Comment

Thanks all, my computer won't show this up, maybe I used wrong keyword.

Comment

My pillar handles finally arrived, took ages. Installation time took approx. 30 mins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	5930

Comment

good find , lucky the threads are already there too.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

Yes direct bolt-on, using 4 bolts included.

Name:	IMG_2408.JPG
Views:	520
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	5934

Comment

I just want to ask something. Is the handle in the way of the curtain airbag??

Comment

• Kiat
                    Kiat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, there are no airbag units anywhere near the handles.

There is one which is way down the pillar next to the base of the seat (right next to the floor or the lower bolt of seatbelt).
                    Or maybe there is one in the roof liner, but certainly not in the way of the handles.

are these the same colour as rest of interior or are they the hilux grey?

Comment

Here's a photo of both side by side. Colour looks the same to me.

Name:	IMG_2469.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	652.4 KB
ID:	6245

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have also ordered these grab handles from ebay and installed them. Took me about 20mins each side. Its all held together with plastic clips. You need to undo the top seatbelt mount and then pass the seatbelt through the old moulding and put the seatbelt through the new one. You shouldnt need to use force - if you do try it a different way! It reminds me of those twisted metal puzzles where you have to get the two pieces apart without bending the metal Anyway here are some photos!

Comment

Hi guys, am looking at doing this now myself, but am stumped - how the hell did you remove the cap over the head of the seat belt anchor bolt? I have looked close, prodded and pulled, but still can't see how it is attached. Can just barely see the head of the bolt (19mm?) when you try pulling the cover away, but am worried about damaging the cap. The pics in Kiat's post #6 show the cover removed, exposing the bolt head, but I can't enlarge the pics to look for details. Am obviously missing something basic here - any tips greatly appreciated...

Comment

Hi PenangSRZ, the cap is held by the sides. You can try slightly prying the sides of the cap sideways left or right away from the head of the Bolt, with a flat screwdriver.

Comment

Thanks for that Kiat. Just after I read your response, I found part of the Hilux Revo workshop manual on another web site, and it said exactly what you said, with a couple of drawings as well (have attached for reference). Once I popped the first anchor cap off, it was all smooth sailing. Whole job took less than 25 minutes. Very happy that I now don't have to worry about older friends/relatives doing a face plant out the door because they couldn't find or hold onto the poor grip that Toyota put in the lower B-pillar trim - just not obvious where it is.

Once again, thanks

B-Pillar Liner Removal.pdf
                            Last edited by PenangSRZ; 17-02-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X