Hands free phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands free phone calls

I get a fair few people commenting that they can hardly hear me when i try to make a phone call through the handsfree.

anyone else get similar comments? Perhaps mine is faulty.

it is the crusade if that makes a difference
    Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

I have noticed that my whole call drops out and comes up with call ended. Then it reconnects after 3 or so seconds and call continues. Not sure if same problem. People seem to hear well enough when call is connected. Also have the Crusade. Dealer suggested rebooting the phone connection but I havent gotten to it yet.

Comment

My GX is all good. BUT, I do have a car cradle / charger set up with an external antenna capacity, if that makes a difference....?

Comment

Ok, so from my experience if you have an iPhone (Apple in their infinite stupidity) play around with the bluetooth standards (have done for years, well documented with Ford), you'll generally have more issues with bluetooth connectivity.

What mobile carrier/network are you with?

I'm with Telstra at first it didn't seem too great with the in car system then i played around with the microphone settings/in call volume and it's been a lot better.

The SZ Territory i had before had a much better sound/phone system in it, than the Tuner does, e.g. more microphones for clearer in call.

I have a Logitech magnetic mount kit on my windscreen, external antenna is good in older tech but shouldn't make much difference in the city, as the radio signal bounces around a lot more.

HTH

Comment

Thanks

yeah i would expect that an external antenna would help with range but this is just using it in metro areas ao probably no difference.

phone is android with Telstra and when people say they can't hear me properly i have to pull over and take Bluetooth off to speak into the phone directly and there is no problem.. it must be my car microphone. I have played with the recipient call volume settings.

ill ask at next service i guess

Comment

Yeh, always heard people saying the Toyota hands free not that reliable, now experiencing it. Mine drops out and then comes back in about 5 seconds later. My old Territory was really reliable too.

Comment

I adjusted the "recipient call volume" during a phone call today ...up and down right to each extreme and tested along the way.. they said it improved a little bit still a lot of echo

Comment

Hey all; I've a 2015 GX. I have an android Samsung s7 & am with Telstra. Lately I'm having trouble using the voice activated setting. I ask it to ring a particular person & it's saying it didn't understand, or would I like to ring so & so. But if I just use the phone itself to ring the number / person I'm after, the blue tooth works fine. Other times if I ask it to ring another person it goes through no problem.

It goes in next week for a 60k service & I've asked they check it out. In the meantime, has anyone experienced similar problems? Thoughts / advice would be appreciated.

Oh, BTW, prior to this phone I had a samsung s5 mini, & never experienced this problem.

Comment

• tekka maki
                  tekka maki commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could be a Bluetooth version/profile compatibility issue between the S7 and the Fortuner. Newer version of Bluetooh on the S7.

Thx for the tip, appreciate it. Just weird it works on some peoples names & not others. I'll see what the local Toyota clowns reckon after they check it out.

Comment

• Spook1205
                  Spook1205 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would be interested to hear the reply you get with that one

Just had the multi media system checked today by Toyota. I was told their people tried a few different names with different phone carriers & all was okay.

tekka maki; you could be right about the S7's bluetooth issues. According to a blog I found on the net a few days back there's an Android 8 (Oreo) upgrade coming around mid May. Time will tell if this fixes it.

In the meantime, I try taking the phone to a Samsung store to see if they can perform any magic on it.

Comment

I have a GX 2018 model and have used a samsung S5 ( on OPTUS ) and have had no issues and have asked people if the quality of sound was decent during the call and have had positive feedback. Have not tested the voice calling ( I am sure it would have issues with my accent )

Comment

Just got back from the Samsung shop. They tested the phone & reckon all's well. So, phone okay & car okay,, just leaves Samsung's S7 Android operating system.

Anyone got a couple of tin cans & a bit of string, or carrier pigeons? Over it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• tekka maki
                      tekka maki commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Samsung's butchering of the otherwise excellent Android operating system. You could try disabling NFC on the S7 if it's enabled and see if that makes a difference.

Sorted. My son, (who unlike me, passed finger painting exams), asked if I had my mobile phone nos. saved onto my Sim card, or my S7 phone. I had them stored on my sim card.

We transferred them from the sim card onto the phone, and now the car's voice activated blue-tooth works.

Not sure if it'll work on other brand mobiles, or just the Samsung S7, but if you're experiencing similar voice activated problems, give it a shot.

Comment

• Spook1205
                      Spook1205 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nice diagnostics by your son there👍
                  Working...
                  X