Speaker Upgrade - Focal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Upgrade - Focal

I installed these a few weeks ago: https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...toyotar/165toy

Highly recommended!
    The foamy speakers that come with the fortuner have been quite disappointing (as all stock speakers usually are).

These things are plug n play and took me about half hour to install.

​​​​​​​Instant satisfaction! will be doing the rears now too.

I had a TS SZ 2011 Territory, it came with a subwoofer from factory, i've found the speakers to be on par with the factory ones in my Territory, although i do miss having the doof doof going

Comment

I like the Focal brand too... very nice find bugeye/HunterOz. did you replace the tweeters ?

Comment

Yes, the kit comes with the tweeters, keep in mind the front and rear sets are different.
        It's a nice (in my opinion) fairly natural sounding speaker, definitely don't expect any doof but a well rounded sound on all genres.

Comment

I've just taken delivery of a 2017 crusade and the second mod has been a focal expert ps 165f kit installed in the front. The focal dealer in Mitcham did the install, including deadening installed in the front doors and around the tweeters. All the standard trim remains in place including the tweeters. so there's no aftermarket embossed logos or stickers to be seen which is a plus.
          To say that it delivers amazing sound clarity/quality is an understatement. I opted not to install a small amp, and I'm happy with that choice as with the standard wiring from the head unit provides ample sound (for me). The only problem with doing the front is that I know that upgrading the rear door speakers is a given at some stage.

Comment

Eastie I am near that dealer, would you mind telling me approx how much you were charged for supply and install? Keen to look at upgrading the speakers and like the fact there are no trim mods involved.

Comment

• Eastie
              Eastie commented
              Editing a comment
              About 480 installed, 340 for the kit. They had the IS TOY165 kit in and I think they had a few of the PS165 f's as well. Their prices were about on par with Ryda for the kits, and they did the install in about half an hour with 2 guys working on it and the quality of their work was better than what I would've done.

• mrh460
              mrh460 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm booked in to have mine done next week by Elite Audio in Campbelltown NSW.

Focal IS165TOY kit.

Supply and installation for $410, but they didn't mention the sound deadening. I'll check with them when I have the job done.
              Last edited by mrh460; 07-06-2017, 06:46 PM.

Focal IS165TOY kit installed this morning by Elite Audio in Campbelltown.

Amazed at how much heavier the replacement speakers were, compared with the factory ones.

Obvious improvement in sound quality.
            2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Originally posted by mrh460 View Post
              Focal IS165TOY kit installed this morning by Elite Audio in Campbelltown.

Amazed at how much heavier the replacement speakers were, compared with the factory ones.

Obvious improvement in sound quality.
              Did you do the sound deadening? Did you go for the rear speaker upgrade?

Comment

• mrh460
                mrh460 commented
                Editing a comment
                They just replaced the front speakers - no sound deadening.
                I'm very happy with the results.

Does anyone know which ones to buy to upgrade the rear as well?
              waiting for the weekend

Comment

http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/pro...oyota-upgrade/ - Pretty sure it's this one

Comment

Working...
                X