Crusade map update tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi J.a!

There are map updates which may be purchased from Toyota. Know idea how much they charge.

Given how crap the unit is in every way and the uselessness of Toyota Link (I could rant for days!), save your money and purchase a new head unit designed for the Fortuner - Alpine do a good unit!

Cheers

Comment

I think the updates were $300 odd , a girl at work priced them. no guarantee of being current 2019 maps either
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by Bussa View Post
        Hi J.a!

There are map updates which may be purchased from Toyota. Know idea how much they charge.

Given how crap the unit is in every way and the uselessness of Toyota Link (I could rant for days!), save your money and purchase a new head unit designed for the Fortuner - Alpine do a good unit!

Cheers
        That sounds a very good option. I’ll have a look at a shop near home that sells Alpine

Cheers

Comment

Another option is the Kenwood DDX919WS. It integrates particularly well into the dash, and it has many great features.

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

• Bussa
            Bussa commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good!

Do you mind saying how much it was incl installation?

• mrh460
            mrh460 commented
            Editing a comment
            $1400 installed.

Bit of an update for the Fortuner maps, assuming same for Hilux and Prado.

Latest version is 2017.Q4 released in 2018. Maps are Igo HERE. Toyota list price is $490...LOL

Hot tip, get yourself a new head unit.

Comment

• Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            How can they justify $490?

• Bussa
            Bussa commented
            Editing a comment
            No idea...I wonder how many people proceed and pay for the "update"...what a money maker for the dealer.
        Working...
        X