Crusade map update tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi J.a!

There are map updates which may be purchased from Toyota. Know idea how much they charge.

Given how crap the unit is in every way and the uselessness of Toyota Link (I could rant for days!), save your money and purchase a new head unit designed for the Fortuner - Alpine do a good unit!

Cheers

Comment

I think the updates were $300 odd , a girl at work priced them. no guarantee of being current 2019 maps either
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by Bussa View Post
        Hi J.a!

There are map updates which may be purchased from Toyota. Know idea how much they charge.

Given how crap the unit is in every way and the uselessness of Toyota Link (I could rant for days!), save your money and purchase a new head unit designed for the Fortuner - Alpine do a good unit!

Cheers
        That sounds a very good option. I’ll have a look at a shop near home that sells Alpine

Cheers

Comment

Another option is the Kenwood DDX919WS. It integrates particularly well into the dash, and it has many great features.

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

• Bussa
            Bussa commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks good!

Do you mind saying how much it was incl installation?

• mrh460
            mrh460 commented
            Editing a comment
            $1400 installed.

Bit of an update for the Fortuner maps, assuming same for Hilux and Prado.

Latest version is 2017.Q4 released in 2018. Maps are Igo HERE. Toyota list price is $490...LOL

Hot tip, get yourself a new head unit.

Comment

• Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            How can they justify $490?

• Bussa
            Bussa commented
            Editing a comment
            No idea...I wonder how many people proceed and pay for the "update"...what a money maker for the dealer.

Hi I was wondering if anyone had an image/carbon copy (mirrors the card including partitions) of SD 86140-0E071 AU-2921 (or compatible newer card as mine has 2013 maps in my 2015 suv), as I unfortunately bricked my navigation. I had copied the contents of my card but it wasn’t a proper backup, I’ve had no maps for a few months now and it killing me. I have searched for a replacement card on eBay but I’m not seeing the same card number and not sure what other SD card numbers are compatible (or where to look to find that information). My husband is not happy with me at all

Comment

Sorry but copying will not work, Toyota make sure that it doesn't by locking the software to the card's hidden ID number. They didn't get where they are today by allowing people to have recent maps.
            This is my favourite subject to moan about, I have made many posts about the issue on the Prado forum, so this gives me the opportunity to have another go!
            $490 for a 2017 Q4 map is preposterous, if you had spent less than the cost of a Toyota "new" map you could have bought a Chinese android powered clone head unit. Then you can use whatever maps you choose not be limited to Toyota's rip off. The latest Igo map easily obtainable is 2019 Q2 and people are daft enough to spend nearly $500 on one that will soon be two years out of date.
            I actually blame customers as much as Toyota for this situation as most just let them get away with it. No Car Play or Android Auto allowed, so no phone mirroring, how can Toyota do this when cheaper cars have more up to date in car entertainment systems.
            Toyota Australia have admitted that this issue causes the most complaints so WTF do they think they are doing, why not just sort it out? Rant over lol

Edit I think the only good news is that probably any Toyota SD card will work, I can't guarantee this but the ones that I tried in my Prado before ditching the original head unit from other vehicles did work.
            Last edited by JohnLynn; 3 weeks ago. Reason: Thought of something else after my rant

Comment

I just get my better half to tell me directions from her google maps on her phone. That way I don’t have to deal with a map 2 years out of date, just a 5 second delay. 5 seconds after I go past where I needed to turn.

Comment

• JohnLynn
                JohnLynn commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha Ha you wouldn't get away with saying that in the politically correct UK where I am. Hope you are OK, I must find time to send you an email, I have been very busy with a few restoration projects that you may be interested in and many boat trips while the weather is still pleasant.

• Spook1205
                Spook1205 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes definitely send me an email about the projects you have been working on and boat trips. I admire your skills in the work you have shown me.
                No boating for me but plenty of seafood on the table with fish, abalone and lobster. Been a great winter with flat seas and westerly winds.

Originally posted by Spook1205 View Post
              5 seconds after I go past where I needed to turn.
              well mate to be fair , it takes them 4 seconds to work out that the street you needed to turn into was not the fastest way to a shoe shop!! my other half is like that lol

2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
                Spook1205 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha haa so true about the shoes. It is a running joke on trips we do. Heading up your way in November but will only get to Noosa, if you are keen to do a trip on Rainbow beach just say.

• White One
                White One commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Luke , im looking at going to the Phillipines in November but if im around can definitely catch up at Rainbow Beach.

• Spook1205
                Spook1205 commented
                Editing a comment
                Will be first 2 weeks of November
            Working...
            X