Shift knob thread pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift knob thread pitch

I have a loose shift knob, not by much, but enough to annoy me while driving.
    plan on tightening it or stuff sometning inside but don’t want to strip the threads inside.
    ...or maybe replace, if the tightening doesn’t help.

So can anyone tell me the size / thread pitch for the Fortuna shift knob? Does it use grub/interlocking screw?
    is this a m8, m10 or m12 x 1.25 ?

Thanks

presume yours is manual ? autos dont use a grub screw iive had mine off to remove the console .
    Look on ebay for a thread pitch guage then you can measure what it is , it can be hard to determine without one as 1 and 1.25 can be hard to determine sometimes.
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Mine is auto, so I hope no grub screw just plain thread. There's a 5~10degrees freeplay, which made me think there is a grub screw.

Didn't know there's different between manual/auto.
      Are the autos m8 X 1.25?

Comment

I have the same problem with a loose knob (haha)

It doesn't really bother me since I only touch the knob (haha again) when I move from park to reverse and reverse to drive when backing out of the garage.

I'm thinking some loctite will solve the issue but again, it's not that big (haha get the reference) of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dandin View Post
          I have the same problem with a loose knob (haha)

It doesn't really bother me since I only touch the knob (haha again) when I move from park to reverse and reverse to drive when backing out of the garage.

I'm thinking some loctite will solve the issue but again, it's not that big (haha get the reference) of a problem.
          mate , all i can say is that you and car must be VERY good friends lol

2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
          X