Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeak in brakes when reversing

Hi All,
    I have had my ex-demo (4000k) fortuner for a weak and Ive noticed in the mornings when I first reverse my car out theres a squeak on the brakes. It is only in reverse and goes away once the car is warmed up. So could just be the brake material or could be something else..

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Brake material

Comment

Originally posted by Spook1205 View Post
      Brake material
      So yours does this as well? I read ceramic brakes can do that when they warm up. Reassuring if that's all it is

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        They do sometimes, although we don’t have ceramic brake technology. When they wear down I’ll skim the discs and put decent bendix brake pads in.

No brake issues in my 2015 GX

Comment

mine does it too and its always parked on grass , which has a fair bit of condensation in the mornings. Nothing to worry about though.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Hi all, just an update - I had them look at the car and they machined the brakes a little bit as my squeak was quite pronounced. Its gone now. Hope all is good from here.

Comment

A little late - I had the same thing and it was annoying. These guys were awesome in getting it sorted
            Gold Coast Mechanic And Service Centre. Get A FREE Car Detail With Every Car Service Booked. Call 07 5606 6771

Comment

Brake squeal can actually be caused by a couple of issues depending on the model. Sometimes it's the pad backing plate squeaking as it moves over the caliper piston. Sometimes it's the metal warning tab telling you you're just about out of pad material. Sometimes it's the pad rivets that are starting to touch the disks. And sometimes it's the pad material if it's ceramic. If you're in SoCal, there's a place that will sort your brakes out or even do just a simple oil change.
              https://www.mobilemechanicgardengrove.com./lubrication/
              Mobile Mechanic Garden Grove.

<a href="https://www.goldcoastcarcare.com.au/" target="_blank">Gold Coast Car Care - Gold Coast Local Mechanic for Log Book Servicing</a>
              Last edited by Jesse Nelson; 01-02-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Brake squeal can actually be caused by a few issues depending on the model. Sometimes it's the pad backing plate squeaking as it moves over the caliper piston. Sometimes it's the metal warning tab telling you you're just about out of pad material. Sometimes it's the pad rivets that are starting to touch the disks. And sometimes it's the pad material if it's ceramic. If you're in SoCal, there's a place that will sort your brakes out or even do just a simple oil change.

From brakes, chassis, engine work to a simple oil change, try Mobile Mechanic Garden Grove.
                Lubrication The engine lubrication system is to distribute oil to the moving parts to reduce friction between surfaces. Lubrication plays a key role in the life expectancy of an automotive engine.  The oil fling dispersed by the rotating crankshaft lubricates the cylinder walls and piston-pin bearings. Oil Filter The engine’s oil pump moves the oil directly to the filter, where…

Comment

Working...
                X