Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration

Hi,
    Has anyone had dramas with a vibration trough the car but only when you are stationary putting foot on the accelerator and at about 1500rpm it will vibrate and then go away. It only happens at around the 1500rpm mark and only from when you are fully stopped then take off again. I have it booked in for my 10,000 service next Monday but wondering if anyone has experienced similar.

Hey Tuner, i've had a vibration through the dash area that happens at about 2,500 RPM, when it went in for the alloys to be fitted they found a panel was loose in the dash they clipped it back in but the vibration is still there, i've got another 8,500 km to go until my 10k service which is when they'll figure it out, (it appears as though it's coming from the middle of the dash maybe from one of the air vents on top i had a similar issue with one of my fords) HTH

Comment

• Romulous
      Romulous commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Tuner / thehuteroz,

I had the same vibration noise and also thought it was due to something in the middle of the dashboard. Went to toyota and it was the top inner windshield touching the sensor box near the dash mirror. They insulated the plastic and rattle/vibration went away. I also took apart the glove box and any other plastic panels I could remove and installed dynmat . Vibration noise gone. But still found the engine noisy especially during DPF burn off mode.

I sure this is an engine or transmission issue, but thanks for the input thehunteroz

Comment

Have you lifted it?

Comment

yeah I have lifted it but I had a mechanic mate of mine check it and he believes it not the suspension but maybe a sensor issue with the engine or transmission.

Comment

I had a vibration that sounds similar after my lift kit went in and Ive had to space the centre bearing on the tail shaft to stop the vibration. Used an ARB spacer kit which reduced the vibration, but just order a TJM a spacer kit as my lift kit is similar in height to the TJM lift.

Comment

Interesting Skardo22 thanks for the info. Would yours vibrate at any speed or just at low revs up to around 1500-1700 rpm. My rear lift which I only put in on Friday and the vibration started on Sunday lifted around 45-50mm. How much was the spacer kit you purchased if you don't mind me asking. Cheers
            Last edited by Tuner; 07-09-2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Vibration was at low rev's & the ARB spacer was $15, but its for a 20 - 40mm lift. So there is still a slight vibration, no where near as bad. My lift is 45-50mm lift (Ironman 4x4) and the TJM lift is similar, so I have ordered one of their spacers to see if that fully removes the vibration (TJM $45).. So the idea of the spacers is to drop the tail shaft and allow the tail shaft to return to the factory angle.

This link shows how changing the angle of the tail shaft can create a vibration.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmV4qwLfOMY
              Last edited by Skardo22; 07-09-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Hello Tuner

I got similar, pls see the link:

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...ne-got-similar

Comment

This is a photo of where the spacer is fitted.

Comment

Ive got an vibration too in my cooler box department
                    ​​​my dealership cant hear it.
                    But i can at 1500rpm

Comment

But I've gone for a 40mm lift.
                      So come friday ill see if ive got a mechanical vibration and not a glove box vibration

Comment

Skardo22, I actually spoke to mechanical mate and he said that he totally forgot about the tail shaft and that you info should be fairly spot on he is coming over today to check out, hopefully this is the problem as I checked my suspension and i got approx 50mm lift out of the rear. I will keep you updated. Thank you very much for the advice, that''s why these forums are a great idea.
                        Dean

Comment

Your welcome, and if you wait a wk I'll let you know how the TJM spacers goes over the ARB ones.

Comment

We put a spacer in using washers just to check if this was the problem, we dropped the tail shaft by 13mm and it has taken most of the vibration out, I think there is a slight vibration still there or it could be me being paranoid. But it would be interesting to know Skardo22 what thickness the ARB spacer is because if it's only roughly the same measurement that I put in today I'll need to go thicker. I called TJM today to find out how thick their spacer is for the 50mm lift but they didn't have one in stock and had no info on them. The reason being I am looking at making the spacers myself but just need an accurate measurement for the 50mm lift. Cheers mate.
                            Dean

Comment

Working...
                            X