Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often does your DPF burn?

Hi Guys,
    How often does your DPF burn? I do 99% hwy running of around 300km every time I turn the key and it religiously burns every 240 - 260km. The hiluxes do it generally 400 -500km according to the guys on newhilux.net.
    Does anyone know how often it is supposed to burn?
    Cheers Dave
    2015 GX Auto

tourboy I'd say mine is about the same, i think it's programmed to do a full burn like every 800 KM, and a partial burn every 200 or so, it's definitely more noticeable with a snorkel though

Comment

Mine does a burn every 600km aprox. But it seems to do smaller burns while driving as fuel economy randomly drops for short periods of time when driving. Also my DPF shows a solid -47.5 psi reading on scantool. Never changes. Don't know if this id normal or not. Cheers.

Comment

I see on other forums that the hiluxes and prados both suffer from the dredded light and limp mode when towing into a headwind. The program apparently tells the DPF not to burn when the throttle is at a certain level (ie when working hard). This is problematic as when working hard, it makes more soot and even if the DPF turns on it can't burn it out as fast as it accumulates. There are other instances where the egr is blocked at 10,000km. Mine idles rougher than it used to, my uhf aerial now shakes at idle which it never used to do. This leads me to believe that with the rich running (black exhaust pipe ) that mine does the manifold is on it's way to a clean. Just ticked over 14,000km
        Cheers Dave
        2015 GX Auto

Comment

mine will do them exactly 400kms

Comment

on long open runs mine seems to do it every 200klm or so according to the Scanguage. Ive also noticed no burns while towing . Someone on the Prado site mentioned there was an ECU update coming , not sure when or what that will do to help.
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
            X