Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have these issues?

Hi guys,
    Seeing as the Prado's, hiluxes and tuna's share most things can I gauge if the issues that I have are common to all 3 please. I have a tuna
    1. Noisy injectors,
    2. DPF soft burn every 240km @99% hwy running
    3. Very black exhaust pipe (won't wipe off the fingers) injector relearn and forced regen done didn't help)
    4. interior dash /trim rattles,
    5. wanders all over the road not tyre pressure dependant (even the mrs complains)
    6. outside window trims are loose if you tap them (will wear the paint and promote rust later)
    7. very uncomfortable seat digs into the left leg can't walk after 300km,
    8. clunky thud noise from front end after releasing the brakes when it has been parked,
    9. Dash lights bad on the eyes at night on a long drive (I cover them up)
    10. Shake like a bad wheel balance (wheels been re balanced and the same on the other tuna that the dealer took back)
    11. Occasionally cuts out like a full miss under medium load.
    12. Oil is black again 100km after a service (done 15,000km)
    Cheers
    Dave
    Cheers Dave
    2015 GX Auto

I've a GX auto with over 32k on the speedo & none of these mechanical issues are a prob in my rig.

With #7, my left leg also goes a bit numb & wonky but this isn't the Fortuner, as this also happened to me with my Patrol (had that 16yrs). For what it's worth, I found if I moved the seat back a notch or two, the left leg comfort improved a heap, & adjust the tilt/reach steering wheel accordingly. Another thing I do on long drives is take the left foot off the foot rest & stretch it out, & move the ankle up & down. Helps with blood flow & keeps the leg muscle moving.

With #9, no doubt you've adjusting the brightness on the dash & it hasn't worked. Not that I know, but can you get the back-lighting behind the dash changed to a lesser watt / illumination output than what comes stock? If you can it may help.

Comment

I've also got a 2016 Build GX Auto with 12k. None of those issues above.

Comment

Dave, just found this on google & it works.

If you push the trip button in, it lists Trip A distance travelled,& Trip B distance travelled. BUT if you press it a 3rd time, a block of cubes appear. This is the dash board light strength indicator.

The more you hold in the button the cubes will empty or fill, & the dash board dims or brightens accordingly. You'll find it on page 81 - changing the display, of the owners manual.

Is It Possible To Dim The Dashboard Lighting? - Auris Club ...
        http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/.../...t-possible-to-dim-the-dashboard-lighting/

Comment

I've got 12k on my 2015 GX auto with only the dash vibration as an issue

Comment

tourboy didn't you swap your Tuna for A Landcruiser ;P!

The only issue I have from your list is the wandering at highway speeds...

Comment

I have a GXL manual. 43k on the clock already.

re 4) I've done 10k+km on dirt, some of it way out west on rough roads. Still not a single rattle.
              re 7) Furthest I've gone in a day is 1100km and 5000km in a week. No back or leg pain despite having a dodgy lower back. I'm fine with the seats.
              re 10) Only when I had mud caked on the rims

I have noticed 11) a couple of times and 2) seems to be fairly frequent but a slightly higher idle rev doesn't bother me. I've had none of the other issues.

In addition:
              - the handbrake is hopeless despite a dealer adjustment. On a decent slope even left in the opposing gear, you need it right up and a lot of force
              - I've had 'low engine oil' warning pop up a few times then disappear despite being just after a service. On all occasions the oil was still full and the dealer said no warnings were logged, so this one's a mystery
              - Multiple times I've accidentally bumped the panic button on the keyfob when it's been in my pocket. Stupid feature and wish it could be disabled!
              - Not being able to keep the radio on when turning the engine off in the manual, but I fixed this with a mod

So, my gripes are all minor and I'd buy exactly the same vehicle again tomorrow if I had to start again

Comment

Originally posted by Bussa View Post
                tourboy didn't you swap your Tuna for A Landcruiser ;P!

The only issue I have from your list is the wandering at highway speeds...
                No but I did buy another cruiser...like driving a cloud compared to the Tuna
                Cheers Dave
                2015 GX Auto

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Kecil View Post
                  I have a GXL manual. 43k on the clock already.

re 4) I've done 10k+km on dirt, some of it way out west on rough roads. Still not a single rattle.
                  re 7) Furthest I've gone in a day is 1100km and 5000km in a week. No back or leg pain despite having a dodgy lower back. I'm fine with the seats.
                  re 10) Only when I had mud caked on the rims

I have noticed 11) a couple of times and 2) seems to be fairly frequent but a slightly higher idle rev doesn't bother me. I've had none of the other issues.

In addition:
                  - the handbrake is hopeless despite a dealer adjustment. On a decent slope even left in the opposing gear, you need it right up and a lot of force
                  - I've had 'low engine oil' warning pop up a few times then disappear despite being just after a service. On all occasions the oil was still full and the dealer said no warnings were logged, so this one's a mystery
                  - Multiple times I've accidentally bumped the panic button on the keyfob when it's been in my pocket. Stupid feature and wish it could be disabled!
                  - Not being able to keep the radio on when turning the engine off in the manual, but I fixed this with a mod

So, my gripes are all minor and I'd buy exactly the same vehicle again tomorrow if I had to start again
                  I have only done about 20km of dirt, all my dash rattles are engine rev dependant and at the last service they had a go at fixing them as they annoyed them on the test drive (I forgot to tell them) but they are back.
                  Cheers Dave
                  2015 GX Auto

Comment

I have 15k on my 2016 GXL and don't have any issues you have. My 2 gripes would be the handbrake sucks and the bonnet should of come standard with gas struts to lift it up.

Comment

mine only has the DPF soft burn issue every 180-200klm on a long run. hopefully its just the engine keeping the filter clean and nothing else
                      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Hey Guys,
                        im in a 2015 GXL with 10k on the clock, got it as a demo about 5 weeks ago.
                        #4 slight rattle under or behind glovebox sometimes.
                        the handbrake is not that good. My wifes Cruze handbrake is so much better....
                        havent even noticed the pdf burn.
                        very clean exhaust pipe when put finger on inside.
                        im 6'2" and could do with some more leg length, but all ok.

Comment

I've got 32k on my 2015 GX manual with the dash vibration and hopeless handbrakes (which is better again after 30k service - but who knows for how long?)

Comment

Had to...
                            Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Leondis View Post
                              Dave, just found this on google & it works.

If you push the trip button in, it lists Trip A distance travelled,& Trip B distance travelled. BUT if you press it a 3rd time, a block of cubes appear. This is the dash board light strength indicator.

The more you hold in the button the cubes will empty or fill, & the dash board dims or brightens accordingly. You'll find it on page 81 - changing the display, of the owners manual.

Is It Possible To Dim The Dashboard Lighting? - Auris Club ...
                              http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/.../...t-possible-to-dim-the-dashboard-lighting/
                              Thanks, I did that but it only works on the centre of the cluster not the speedo and tacho. The dealer couldn't get it to dull down either and Toyota head office said they will look at it for future models.
                              Cheers Dave
                              2015 GX Auto

Comment

Working...
                              X