Paint Protection pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Protection pack

How many people get the Paint Protection pack done on their cars from new? The pack I was sold is the PROTEKTIV (I think by Motor One, but there are probably lots of these brands). This consists Paint protection, rust proofing, leather and vinyl protection, carpet protection and window tinting (including clear UV film on the privacy glass).

I wanted the rust proofing and window tinting and it wasn't much extra to get the whole pack.

The car was shiny and looked great when I collected - then drove it out into the rain...

Have you been happy with it?

I got the same pack from the sounds of it for the same reasons. The car still cleans well and I don't use detergent, just water. I have two kids who make a mess in the back and the upholstery wipes down well also.

Comment

The Ming Mole worked her magic on you guys :P

Comment

• tekka maki
        tekka maki commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL... they had a promotion when buying the car at my local dealer where you stand in a box while money flies around and whatever you can grab in 30 seconds comes off the cost of the aftermarket care package.

That's what my mates tell me!

Comment

we got paint and upholstery protection and tint for nothing, as we picked it prior to signing contract and when they did the finance i cancelled it. when we picked up the car it was tinted and came with a special shampoo for the paint protection. I checked the contract and the total price did not include the protection package.

However i did get stung on the wheel replacement crap... As I have a GX with factory 18's alloys put on by Toyota, but now I'm thinking they'll just replace with 17' steelies if i ever put a claim through.
        Last edited by Skardo22; 25-07-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I think they should replace what you had if you claim, as long as you keep proof.

Comment

I haven't found it mentioned in contract, but I do have a photo of it on the show room floor.

Comment

Just a comment on the dealer 'factory supported' paint protection and interior protection package - my paint was kept cleaner and water beaded for a while (about 6-8 months) but like above, the window tint is what I wanted and the interior (we have a dog who likes to swim and then get back in the car - wipes down well with a moistened microfibre cloth and paint protection is not that great if its not reapplied every 6-12 months I reckon... I only use the supplied shampoo and apparently the dealer will supply more shampoo as needed... "for free". I was told scrathes would be 'prevented' from small branches striking the paint and that was of course not the case.... pinstriping anyone??

Comment

Just asked for a replacement shampoo 'for free' at the 40k service - its $30 a bottle (lasted me 2 years) and I think I'll just go the 'other' pH neutral stuff I have in the 5 litre container at home and if I think it needs a polish I will do that too now. Water still beads on the paint but its going to need a clay bar to get all the tiny spots of dried on road muck off (if I ever bother) and I think the pain protection has run its course....

At least the window tint was great and the interior still wipes clean with just a moistened microfibre cloth.

Comment

• Spook1205
                  Spook1205 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a few pinstripes from Fraser Island, the paint protection didn’t do that well.

I hadn't really expected it to stop "branches scratching the paint" as the sales pitch went... good quality window tint and the interior protection seems quite OK - kids chocolate bar stains and wet dog dirt seem to just wipe off with a moist microfibre cloth

Comment

Anyone had a positive result from going back and making a claim from rusted paint chip? Have paint protection pack.
                  Hate taking my car to Toyota and it rarely goes there, so haven’t hit them up about this yet.

Comment

Went to the dealer I got car off about rusted stone chips and they don’t want to know about it. Has stupid armourtech device on it. So all the crap about we will repair rust is full of $hit.

Comment

I have a number of stone chips too on top and sides. They all rust. Its like the metal is not galvanised, just paint coated. The bonnet stone deflector is also another useless piece of accessory.

Comment

• Spook1205
                        Spook1205 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not good is it.
                        What have you done to stop the rust?

After cleaning still looked brown. One was a touch up paint not exact same colour. The others were small so I just used scratch polish. Really can't avoid the Muscat's.

Comment

• Kiat
                        Kiat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When I worked at Honda factory, body panels had 3 layers, galvanise, primer and final coat, followed by so final polish just before roll out and underbody coat.. Maybe things have changed now.

• Spook1205
                        Spook1205 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds like it’s gone down hill

After 2 weeks and dealer avoiding me the guy that sells the rust protection admitted he really didn’t know what to do!

so the guy sells a product with warranty for your car so it won’t rust and when it does he has no idea on what to do.

Had to explain that although he personally did not sell this to me because his predecessor did that it’s still same company/ dealer and they have a responsibility.

so he eventually said he will pay to get the rusted stone chips touched up.

then I will remove said stupid rust prevention device.

Comment

Working...
                      X