X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acouple of Newbie Questions

Hi Folks,
    A couple of new Fortuner GX questions if anyone could help-

I live on a main road where traffic is quite fast and I need to accelerate and change lanes quickly when I pull out. Should I use the idle up button to warm up the car before pulling out? Would it be useful to turn on 'pwr mode' to start up and is there any way you can do this by default?

Can the rear beeping sensors be adjusted so that they beep at a greater distance? (this is just something Im used to as I came from a car with sensors and no camera)

Thanks

Hi,

Idle-up only works in cold weather IIRC, and it's questionable how useful it is.. maybe someone else can tell us what its for?!
    PWR mode will definitely help you accelerate, changing the throttle response is essentially what it does. I don't believe you can make it stay on my default unfortunately. You obviously don't want to work the car too hard cold, but pulling out hard and backing off as soon as you are out in the traffic should be fine. I doubt idling it for ages would be better for it, it would take a long time and probably cause more wear IMO.
    No idea about the sensors, my 2015 GX doesn't have them.

Dave

Comment

Working...
    X