Lift kits and wheel droop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift kits and wheel droop

Have been downing some reading which suggests lift kits reduce the wheel droop available before it hits the bump stops. Have any of you with lifted tunas noticed any difference. Has anyone measured the changes between the front control arms and bump stops before and after a lift?

Yes it does reduce the drop in the wheel because you have already made it drop say two inches by raising the body. Hence now for wheel to come off the ground it has less travel distance to hit bump stops. (standard control arms).

i raised the front 35mm and measured wheel drop and found it to be still pretty decent from the minimum figure I was told by a mate / fellow auto teacher who suspension mods are his thing especially on his FJ. So I trust his judgment.
    Cant remember what he said minimum should be though

Comment

can we trim down the lower bump stops to increase droop ? Worked on my old car not sure about the tuna
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by White One View Post
        can we trim down the lower bump stops to increase droop ? Worked on my old car not sure about the tuna
        Not recommended as the bump stop is there to stop you bottoming out the shock and/or causing potential metal fatigue. It's ok at slower speeds crawling around a trail not so good if you at travelling at speed over undulated roads. Every mod you make to your suspension comes with a compromise. You can get these things to flex quite well if your willing to spend $$. My previous Hilux had 5 inches of lift, still retained standard UCA's and never destroyed a drive shaft and flexed incredibly well. But like I said you need to spend the cash.

Comment

Working...
        X