Suspension upgrade for bullbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension upgrade for bullbar

I was reading through the fitting instructions for the Toyota steel bullbar that will be fitted to my GX next week, and I saw reference to a "Front axle capacity suspension upgrade kit". Can anyone provide any information about this? Cheers, Michael.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Pretty sure it's needed once you put the winch on the front, I have a steel bar on mine and didn't get the suspension upgrade kit

Comment

Thanks for that. I'll have a chat with them on Monday.
      2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

I have the alloy bar and it still sat fairly even, Now i have a winch attached there is a noticeable dip at the front. Its a hard choice, spend $250odd plus installation for the front spring upgrade, or wait it out for a while longer and get it lifted with stronger springs in the front to compensate for the weight

Comment

Are you waiting for anything in particular?
          OME already has suspension kits for the Fortuner:

http://www.oldmanemu.com.au/old-man-...sion-selector/

(not sure why they have a picture of an old Fortuner, it says 2015+)

I believe others have kits already also.

Comment

Car is leased, so officially i cant do anything to it. All the work ive done so far is easily taken out and restored to stock. When going for suspension etc, its a bit of a bigger job

Comment

Lovell springs are already available (same as Hilix). Rear springs are another 2-3 weeks away.

Comment

Working...
              X