OME shocks & King Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OME shocks & King Springs

Well today after much research and procrastination I had king springs (KTFR 101 & KTRR 215) and OME shocks (90028 & 60141) fitted to my Fortuner.

I have a ARB Summit bar fitted with nil other accessories, total lift was 50mm front and 30mm rear. Ride is firmer with less body roll.

The centre tailshaft mount was lowered using longer bolts with washers as spacers, there is nil vibration in the vehicle.

It is an unusual combination and main reason was OME springs were on back order with no availability date hence the use of king springs.

Overall I am happy with the combination and the ride, both firmness and height.

Got any photos showing how it sits with the different lift heights front and rear? Does it sit level? I am looking at lift options at the moment and have barwork in the front.

Comment

• Meercat
      Meercat commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't actually worked out posting photos yet. It sits level, taking into consideration that it dropped 15mm from stock when I put the bar on this makes the front lift 35mm over standard height. Will work on the photos.

Comment

• John
      John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Meercat, thats a tough looking truck! Looks like it sits level. What size tyres are those? Did you go up a size with the lift?

• Skardo22
      Skardo22 commented
      Editing a comment
      So what off set are those rims and how are the BFG's going now?

BFG KO2'S 265/65/17 (Stock). I went against the +size due to concerns over performance and fuel economy. I actually had the 265/70/17 fitted and I felt like the car lost its zoom. I am aware of the overall difference in total heights etc (online calculator) and many people say that the 28mm overall increase wouldn't make a difference, but in my real world test (limited to around 30km) including freeway and acceleration "I" felt like it most certainly did.

Comment

Meercat, do you find the ride smoother on corrugated roads as I find original suspension very bouncy?

Comment

I haven't had the opportunity to use it on corrugated roads as yet. All I can report is that it most definitely firms up the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Meercat View Post
          Well today after much research and procrastination I had king springs (KTFR 101 & KTRR 215) and OME shocks (90028 & 60141) fitted to my Fortuner.

I have a ARB Summit bar fitted with nil other accessories, total lift was 50mm front and 30mm rear. Ride is firmer with less body roll.

The centre tailshaft mount was lowered using longer bolts with washers as spacers, there is nil vibration in the vehicle.

It is an unusual combination and main reason was OME springs were on back order with no availability date hence the use of king springs.

Overall I am happy with the combination and the ride, both firmness and height.
          Thinking about getting the full OME kit EK2202A1 which includes the OME springs. Think I should also swap them out for King springs?

Comment

• Meercat
            Meercat commented
            Editing a comment
            To be totally honest I would have gone for the OME springs if they were available. It basically come down to being impatient, in saying that I am totally happy with the results.
        Working...
        X