Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironman Suspension Kit

G'day all.

I recently had fitted an Ironman Deluxe Commercial bullbar fitted to my 2015 GX.
    Haven't re measured the sag in the front end since fitting but had talked myself into a suspension upgrade anyway.

So after a fair bit of research I'm pretty keen on the Ironman Foam Cell Pro suspension kit with performance Springs & Shocks (when funds permit).

Anyone else have the Ironman performance springs in the front & rear with the Foam Cell Pro's?

Just wondering if the ride is much harsher over the stock suspension?

Comment

I'd be very interested too. Same problem with some sag after Ironman bullbar (with winch) fitted. Considering Pedders, with stiffer springs with foam cell shocks. According to Pedders, you can't have one without the other.

Comment

I have Ironman Foam cell Pros, been in since 1000kms, now over 17000kms. So can't remember how stock was, but ride is fine. I have HD springs front and performance rear.. They did have an issue with front struts as Thai vehicle it was developed on has a different setup, but has been rectified. You will need to lower your centre bearing on your tail shaft as you'll get vibration (this is on most modern 4x4 now) TJM has a spacer kit that fits, as ARB's lift is lower and doesn't work as well. lower it too much and it will vibrate as well, i have a TJM and I could tell you how far i dropped it if you lift it.

Comment

Thanks Skardo.
          I've got a quote for the 45mm Ironman Lift do you recommend the TJM spacer for that amount of lift?

Comment

Yes as I bought ARB but their lift is only 20mm, so i bought a TJM (more expensive) as it had more shims in it. Which allows you to drop it as much or more then the ARB. When the wife gets back i can let you know how much i dropped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skardo22 View Post
              Yes as I bought ARB but their lift is only 20mm, so i bought a TJM (more expensive) as it had more shims in it. Which allows you to drop it as much or more then the ARB. When the wife gets back i can let you know how much i dropped it.
              Cheers Skardo.
              That'd be great.
              & did you get the 45mm. lift as well?
              Last edited by Benicio; 08-05-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Ok i have checked under vehicle and i have packed it down with two (TJM) shims each side. I tried one and I tried three and both had vibration, now have two, springs have settled and i have nil vibration.
                So it is and easy fix and i paid and extra $45.

Comment

Originally posted by Skardo22 View Post
                  Ok i have checked under vehicle and i have packed it down with two (TJM) shims each side. I tried one and I tried three and both had vibration, now have two, springs have settled and i have nil vibration.
                  So it is and easy fix and i paid and extra $45.
                  Sorry to be a pain Skardo.
                  So does that mean a total of four all up. (two each side)?
                  I just want to let the supplier/fitter know & get it right the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Skardo22
                    Skardo22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes 4 all up (2 each side) each side n i have 45-50mm foam cell pro lift kit. recommended you get a wheel alignment after lift kit installed. photo above has 3 each side but that was too much and i had to reduce it to 2 a side.

Cool thanks heaps Skardo.
                  Will give TJM a ring tomorrow.

Comment

Just a bit of info.
                    Got the 45mm Ironman foam cell pro kit fitted today & it ended up lifting it about 80mm @ the front & 60mm @ the rear which was a lot more than I'd hoped. Apparently it will settle a bit & can be adjusted if needed.
                    Only driven about 20kms with it so can't really comment too much but its a little bit stiffer over manholes etc & seems to have less body roll.
                    Went with the TJM drive line spacer kit after Skardo's recommendation/experience, the installer said he tried with one each side & there was still vibration so ended up with two each as per Skardo's recommendation. (which they were informed of when I dropped off the car).
                    Very happy with the service of Fourplay 4x4 in Adelaide (no affiliation(they also supplied & fitted my Ironman bullbar).
                    Fourplay had 15% off for the month of May which helped me pull the trigger.

​​​​​​​Before & after.

Comment

Hi Benicio, looks good, can you advise approx cost? Have you got 17" Rims on? Thanks.

Comment

G'day Frazza
                        I paid $1600 with the %15 off to supply & fit the suspension, plus $47 for the TJM spacers.

Wheels are 17" with 265/65/17 tyres.

Comment

Was just about to bite the bullet on these myself. How are you all finding them now?

Comment

Just got a quote on the foam cell pros and they come with spacer kit. Are you saying that the spacer kit provided isn't good enough or you kits didn't come with them?

Comment

Working...
                            X