gearbox nise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox nise

Hi guys. I have a manual GX with about 20k on the clock. When I bought it there was a very quiet whine in first when taking off. Now there is a louder easily audible whine in first taking off or just driving slowly in first gear at slow to 2500 revs (never tried it any higher). also often a whine changing down into 3rd. second or 1st. Anyone else get same thing or have any ideas. Dealer told me it was probably just the cut of the gears.
    Cheers

check out the newhilux forum , maybe others over there have had the same problem
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Surely there is someone here who can answer this question????

Comment

we dont have too many members with manuals , hence why i suggested trying the Hilux forum. plenty of manuals in Hiluxes , many would be owned by hardworking tradies
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Sorry, had missed this post. I have a manual and I don't notice a whine from the gears, nor when down shifting. Maybe you can go try a ride in another manual (either hilux or fortuner) and see if it sounds the same?

Comment

Just under 8000kms on my clock, can't say I've heard it either. Mine is manual as well.

Comment

30K on my manual GX - no whine in first.

I do have an incredibly annoying noise from the ventilation fan tho!

Comment

• 4Runner
                4Runner commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too - like a rotating bearing noise esp noticeable on lowest setting?

Hi davidd, I turned the radio off and had a listen. Only have 10k on mine so that may be a factor. First gear is a bit louder than the others, maybe due to the cut, but to me it sounds like normal noise that's barely audible unless coasting. Whereabout are you based? Maybe you can meet up with someone else on the forum and compare cars?

Comment

Working...
              X