Auto Transmission Shift Lock Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Transmission Shift Lock Button

The previous generation Toyotas had a button next to the shift lever, that was easy to press and slip the Auto transmission into N (to push it out of the garage etc. if you wanted to do that without starting the vehicle).
    The new Fortuners have a slot, that the manual says you push by inserting something into it...

Does anyone use it and how do you make it work?
    Rich.

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

So you need to have power on and foot on the brake as well. I did read that back when I tried it, will have to give it another go. Thanks mate.

Comment

I've got the auto and never had to put my foot on the break while starting it.

Comment

• Bussa
          Bussa commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have push button start/proximity key, foot must be on the brake to start...unfortunately!

• thehunteroz
          thehunteroz commented
          Editing a comment
          only got the GX so kind of handy.

on the GX , you can insert the ignition key into that small square hole , which will allow you to move the gearshift out of Park.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Yeah you should be able to use the removable key from the fob also, in fact I'm pretty sure it's designed for just that.

Comment

Working...
          X