Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken Wildpeak AT3W

Hi Guys!

Is anyone running Falken Wildpeak AT3W's?

I am wanting to know what people think of them. I had been looking at the Nitto Grapplers, but was recommend the Falken's which people appear to be raving about online.

Cheers

Josh

Depending on how much off road driving you do, you might want to consider tyres with light truck (LT) construction.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

• Bussa
      Bussa commented
      Editing a comment
      LT hard to come by in the 18inch size it seems!

I've BFG KO2s in size 260x60xR18. Go onto the Tempe Tyres website (in NSW). You can check for tyres by size, or by brand. Their default setting is by size. Just fill in the dimensions & off you go. There's quite a few on there in 18". They also post their price p/tyre, which is good to know when trying to compare prices with different retailers.

Comment

Oops... I typed the wrong tyre size. I've 265s, not 260s.

Comment

Hi guys

Just a quick update - I went ahead with the Falken Wildpeak AT3's - 265/60/18. They had a buy 3 get the 4th free deal. No LT in this size and I wasn't after it.

Tyers are quiet, plenty of grip and have an aggressive look. So far, very happy with them.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Bussa View Post
          Hi guys

Just a quick update - I went ahead with the Falken Wildpeak AT3's - 265/60/18. They had a buy 3 get the 4th free deal. No LT in this size and I wasn't after it.

Tyers are quiet, plenty of grip and have an aggressive look. So far, very happy with them.

Cheers
          Do you feel that not having LT construction is a significant drawback, or is the tire still resistant enough to sidewall punctures?

Comment

• Bussa
            Bussa commented
            Editing a comment
            Its more than sufficient for my purposes, and I don't have any drawbacks. My Fortuner isn't a tour vehicle carrying constant heavy loads.

I drove the standard highway tyres in places they should have never been including rocks and the beach. Never slipped a bead or had a puncture off road.

Really depends on your set up and weight IMO. In size 265/60/18 you will struggle to find any LT specification.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not doing any touring either, so was thinking of a set of Cooper Discoverers or Wildpeaks as well, but not sure if I want the stiffer daily drive of an E load tire.

Comment

Hi I have Falken wildpeaks At3w 17" non LT version. I am very impressed with them they are Awsome in the wet on the black stuff so much so they leave my highway tyres for dead. A little bit of noise but more like a wind noise which is probable from the side wall tread no dreaded roar.
            Off road gravel there great and really hook up. Have not done much mud or sand yet. For a tyre with such an aggressive tread the cars handling through corners is also very impressive. Some square shouldered tyres follow the camber of the road and you spend lots of time chasing the steering to keep it straight. But these At3 are not like that just nice and straight. So Im very impressed with them. The only neg I can say is there a bit harsher that the road tyres but that fine and it's not a deal breaker.

Comment

I have just completed a high country trip visiting razor back Craig’s and some more and also the water falls
              all I an say the Wildpeaks AT3W performed exceptional ,lowered pressures to 25 and they were fantastic highly recommended.
              i just need lager mud flaps to stop the stone chips on the rear.

Comment

I also have those tyres and can not fault them and were alot cheaper than most other popular brands when I bought them. I found them very good on the steep hills around Abrecrombie Park.

Comment

That's good to know, I bought a set last month with a buy 3 get one free deal. So far so good, but I haven't been properly off-road with them yet. I got the LT/120S rated ones (there are two load ratings available in 265/65/R17)

Comment

Working...
                  X