Rim offset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim offset.

Hello there, Can anyone confirm the rim offset on the new Fortuners, specifically GXL?
    Anybody looked at aftermarket rims yet?

Bump...

Anybody had some experience with this?
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

I just tried finding it for you on my gxl, but there's nothing on the rim itself or in the manual. If there's no other responses I'll take a wheel off and see if I can measure it (trickier but not impossible with the rubber on)

Comment

Hello there Tom. Don't worry about going to that extent, I still haven't even purchased vehicle yet! I just like to know what accessories are available... last time I had a pile goodies sitting at home waiting for the vehicle to arrive....drive home, bolt on!
        Reason for enquiring about offset was so I may be able to match rims up before hand with one of the series of Prado's / Hilux's / FJ's ect. to give me a wider selection of aftermarket rims to chose from.
        Tried doing Google search, but could only find specs on older overseas models.
        Thanks once again. Mick66.
        Last edited by Mick66; 27-12-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Spotted these rims on a fortuner. Just a guess but would say offset is 20
          Last edited by Jncoxon27; 03-01-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

This may help.

I have a GX that the dealer fitted with new 18" mags off a new Hilux SR5. The rims appear to be exactly the same as the Crusader and that was what the dealer told me. Just a different part number.

I assume from this that the rims are the same offset as the Hilux which should give you lots of options.

Comment

Thanks for that J27 & Tuna.

Comment

Fitting some steelis on my GXL with a 2" lift atm, So far I've worked out that 16" will not fit over the callipers which are apparently the same as Prado 150, as is the suspension, and the offset is around 20-30P, or 5.5" backspace, test fitting some 0 offset 17" steelies tommorow but suspect they will stick out too far :/ Will keep yas posted thou!

Comment

So FYI tried some 17x8 0 offset with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich K02's, they rub bad on the front bumper and a touch on mudflap, althou they should fit with a bullbar and some trimming of the mudflap/or removal. I think you would struggle 285's though! They also hang out the guards about 10mm, but I think some scrub bars/bullbar will hide that enough. I've mounted them on the factory alloys till the front bar arrives!

Comment

I'm running Cooper ST Maxx 265/65/17 on Dynamic Black rims with 15 offset. No lift kit and very little to no rubbing (only if on full lock and cross a gutter at speed slightest rub)
                    Front sag of Steel Bar / Dual Battery approx 20 mm
                    Crossed Simpson Desert at full load and no issues
                    I personally wouldn't run larger tyres if you are towing without changing diff gears as fuel economy will suffer and if an auto it will hunt between gears

Comment

Working...
                    X