Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre options for Crusade

Hi Guys

I'm up for new tires on my Crusade, after A/T something that's not noisy. I've tried the Cooper ST and ST3 on a Hilux unreal off road BUT traveling on road very annoying (noisy). Talking to a mate with 200 series recommends BFG A/T, very quiet not sure due to been a heavier car?
    The size I won’t to keep as factory.

Anyone have feedback on tyre brands??

Pirrelli scorpions are very quite and still offer good off road performance. They don't look as aggressive as some other at's, but have scored highly in comparison tests. I found them great on sand and okay on occasional mud.

Comment

Hi

Check out options from Monsta, Nitto, Achilles and General Tire. If you're after LT construction, you will only find a couple available in the 265/60/18 size on the Crusader.

Personally, I will be replacing the HT on my Crusader with a set from Monsta.

How many kays did you get out of the factory tyres?

Cheers

Josh

Comment

I'm running Hankook Dyna Pro AT's, 265/60r18 and quite on road and work well off road... BFG's and General Tires I have found dig in on the beach.

Comment

If you want a normal highway and offroad tyre which does a reasonable job at both try a look at the Bridgestone Dueler range mate. They have a fairly good range.

Comment

Just fitted a set of Yokohama Geolandar AT GO15. $345 a tyre at Bob Jane Tmart fitted and balanced, Always get the $55 wheel alignment.
            Only done 500km on them so far but I like them better than the sh!t Dunlop OEMs. Tracks straighter and the tyres don't roll when you go around corners.
            Slightly more aggressive tread than the Dunlops which will be better for mud but not so much that they are bad for sand like chunky Coopers.
            They come with a spike/puncture warranty. If unrepairable and more than 80% tread then free replacement, 50% to 80% is a pro rata refund.
            The size of the treads is similar to the Cooper AT3 which are the same price but I wasn't fooled by the worthless Coopers mileage warranty, which applies only to city highway driving and is void if you go off a sealed road.

Comment

Just got a price on BFG a/t 265/60/18 from Tempe tyres $370 each. I think that's a pretty good price. If anyone has fitted BFG to Crusade can you post a pic.

Comment

What tyres did you end up getting mate?
                Rich.

Comment

Lozza; I'm just being curious, but is that for the KO2s? If so that's a good price. I got 5 x KO2 tyres the same size from them March 2016 for $405 a tyre.

Comment

What is the exact model and series of your vehicle? Therefore, we can look the exact tyre that would right for your vehicle. Anyway, have you already considered the Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 tyre? A true all-terrain tyre, that offers outstanding on and off-road performance. Knowing your vehicle model and series is a big to us and also there is tool available to assist you.
                    Supported by its 2 in 1 shoulder block pattern for extra strength and excellent off-road traction, Buy Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 Tyres at Beaurepaires now!
                    Beaurepaires Australia - We're Australia's largest tyre retailer also offering a wide range of car services.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhamilton163 View Post
                      What is the exact model and series of your vehicle? Therefore, we can look the exact tyre that would right for your vehicle. Anyway, have you already considered the Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 tyre? A true all-terrain tyre, that offers outstanding on and off-road performance. Knowing your vehicle model and series is a big to us and also there is tool available to assist you.
                      Hi Tony, welcome to the forum.

I am new here too but given there is a commercial declaration may I suggest some further research on the forum, so you aren't just pushing a company product.

There is only one Fortuner model so to speak, with varying series being GX, GXL or Crusade. Differences in wheel rim size is 17" on the GX and 18" on the GXL and Crusade.

Lozza has a Toyota, Fortuner, Crusade, 2015 model... As he has mentioned he wants to keep it as close to factory as possible his sizing would be around 265/60r18.

Hope that helps, please introduce yourself in the new members area so we can understand the passion for your products (Goodyear, Dunlop, Pirelli).
                      Kind Regards,

Deeds - https://citygonebad.com/

'Big Blue Bruise', 2016 Nebula Blue GX - https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/member/668-deeds
                      City Gone Bad, You Tube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf6...BEp6X_07nHMzvA
                      City Gone Bad, Instagram Account - https://www.instagram.com/citygonebad/

Please subscribe to our channels - Like | Share | Leave a comment:

Comment

Hi guys I ending fitting Pirelli ATR 265/60/18 payed $230 each from Tempe tyres. The reviews on the tyres were great, had the tyres for about 3 months no road noise very quiet and look great.

Comment

Working...
                        X