Size increase to 265/65R18 on a Crusade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size increase to 265/65R18 on a Crusade

Can anyone who has fitted the next size up, 265/65/R18 on a Crusade advise if they rub anywhere or not (with no lift)? I have heard different opinions - maybe this is due to the type of tyre or the tread pattern. In particular, wondering about Bridgestone Dueller AT D697, and AT KO 2's.

mate i can't see how they would even on factory suspension
    seen a hylux on with 285/6518 and they only really hit on the upper control arm

Comment

Getting 265/65/R18 fitted on mine now, BFG no longer offer the white lettering on the 265/60 series tyre.
      let you know how they go.

Comment

• rich
        rich commented
        Editing a comment
        How did they go, do they rub anywhere at full lock?

• Crusader
        Crusader commented
        Editing a comment
        So the dealer stuffed it up and fitted the standard size 265/60's I gotta wait until Wednesday now for the 265/65's to come in. I should probably mention that I am still awaiting delivery of my truck. Pick it up on Thursday.

Thanks mate I'm keen to hear how it goes. Do you have a lift, or just standard suspension?

Comment

• Crusader
        Crusader commented
        Editing a comment
        I was hoping to get the tyres fitted before the lift to see if there are any interference issues but unfortunately the dealer stuffed it up - see above comment. I think the 40mm OME lift will be installed before the tyres arrive now so i won't be able to do a comparison on standard v's lift.

So I can finally confirm that the BFG 265/65R18 do in fact scrub on the inside edge of the front mudguards. I was able to verify this on standard suspension. They do look badass tho!

Comment

Thanks for that mate. Not good news though, I was hoping to be able to go up to this size without a lift.

Comment

• Crusader
          Crusader commented
          Editing a comment
          I probably should have mentioned that for normal everyday driving they are fine its just when you start to work the suspension and are at full lock they scrub. found this when turning into a relative steep driveway access at full lock.
      Working...
      X