275/70/17 on GX with Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 275/70/17 on GX with Lift?

I have booked in my car to have an OME lift done and the off it will go to get some 265/70/17 BFG muddies put on. When I called to order in the tyres, the tyre guy reckons you could install 275/70/17 BFG K02 as an option as long as you have a lift. Anyone heard of this??

I've seen 265/70's on GX's and they look pretty tight as it is??

Anyone heard of this or done it?

Difference between the 265/70 is that the 275/70 is 10mm wider and an extra 7mm in sidewall height. If the 265/70 are already tight and the 275/70 scrub can you swap out for no cost?

Comment

Would love to know if that'd fit... What lift did you get, as I thought OME is only 35mm in the front?

Comment

For what its worth, my lift was 35mm OME which I got 2yrs ago on my GX. ARB said its the lift they recommended as any higher lift would've cost heaps more to do, as extra stuff under the car had to be done to cater for a higher lift kit. Sorry, can't remember what they said the under car stuff was. I think other manufacturers may do a 50mm lift but don't hold me to it.

Mine was a demo model & already had 265x60xR18s on it. I put on all terrain KO2s & no probs with any rubbing etc.

Comment

• 4Tuner
          4Tuner commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi all

I saw a news article that Police have been targeting illegally modified 4x4's in QLD.

http://www.mygc.com.au/police-target...modified-4wds/

I also saw a social media post that police on Northern Beaches of Sydney are doing similar.

Has anyone found a good reference for what is legal in NSW? I understand there are differences between NSW and QLD so only interested in NSW here

any links appreciated

The best I have found is the below.

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...certification/

My reading of that article gives me the impression that up to 75mm is Ok in NSW which includes both the suspension and tyre height.

I have 50mm lift plus gone up from 265/65/17 to 265/70/17 which the tyre is a whole one inch greater in diameter than stock (which is just over 25mm) but given this is the diameter (top to bottom) it would only be half of this that adds to the height of the vehicle of 12.5mm... therefore a total of 62.5 MM so all good.

anyone who knows more about it than me able to confirm this is correct?

Tried to post this else where but showing as post not approved..

Hi all

I saw a news article that Police have been targeting illegally modified 4x4's in QLD.

http://www.mygc.com.au/police-target...modified-4wds/

I also saw a social media post that police on Northern Beaches of Sydney are doing similar.

Has anyone found a good reference for what is legal in NSW? I understand there are differences between NSW and QLD so only interested in NSW here

any links appreciated

The best I have found is the below.

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...certification/

My reading of that article gives me the impression that up to 75mm is Ok in NSW which includes both the suspension and tyre height.

I have 50mm lift plus gone up from 265/65/17 to 265/70/17 which the tyre is a whole one inch greater in diameter than stock (which is just over 25mm) but given this is the diameter (top to bottom) it would only be half of this that adds to the height of the vehicle of 12.5mm... therefore a total of 62.5 MM so all good?

anyone who knows more about it than me able to confirm this is correct?

tried to create a thread for this but it is sitting as "unapproved" for a few days now so posting here.
        Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Comment

Any update on the 275 70 17 tyres fitting?

Comment

Working...
          X