Painted bullbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted bullbar

Just finished painting my bullbar, i used dulux etch primer and dulux metalshield spray paint (6 coats).

I like the look but a bit unhappy with the paint, i managed to scratch it with my thumb nail. May not have waited long enough (24 hrs) before mounting it?

Any one have any other metal paints that they trust for these types of jobs?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210606_172140.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	21448

Attached Files

Here are some more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

looks good , i know what you mean about the paint though , a lot of people complain about it. I painted the engine in my Jeep resto project using Dulux engine enamel , as per the instructions for both the primer and paint and its fading and falling off already , before the car is even on the road.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thank you, i did call dulux tech support today. They said that it would take a number of days even weeks to fully cure, especially with the 6 or so coats i did and the freezing cold temp.

I have a spare can, i might just do a few patch up jobs over the next few weeks to hopefully get it flawless again whilst letting it cure properly 👍

Comment

Working...
        X