Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fortuner build

Im going to show you guys my build..
    Im starting late so there will be alot of pics to start but will try to keep in updated regularly. Ive come from a highly modified patrol and it was a big step to go to something like a fortuner as i was after a smaller. Comfy on long drives but still a capable off road car.

To start off with all work on the car has been supplied by MCC dandenong. Hands down best guys to deal with, the only guy's that came up with all the answers for the fortuner as it seems every other company is still learning the car. Everything has been high quality and very happy with it all

My car is the toyota fortuner base model GX. Only factoy extra was a toyota snorkel and trailer wiring kit.

Ill show you where its at now and then itemize

Cheers guys

Only learning how to do this sorry. Ok so starting with the switch panel. Little disappointed that this is the only spare spot so its already filled. Bar lights. Roof lights. Fog lights and work lights aswell as factory switches. Also to the left redarc trailer brake controller and a switch to turn the fridge on and off
    Last edited by Scottystone10; 06-01-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Next these 2 beauties..

The idrive- best money spent.. 9 settings and i use number 2 and it makes the biggest difference especially when towing. Its a throttle control box and hightly recomend it.

Second is my display of the intervolt dcdc charger. Shows both batts voltage and amps its putting in. Also conected to solar shows how much the panels are putting in

Comment

• jarid
        jarid commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Scottystone, great set up mate.
        Im looking at installing a the Idrive to my Crusade. How has it been to date? fuel economy? power? Another guy has fitted the diesel chip and is impressed with fuel and power but its 3 times the price of the Idrive unit.
        Any feed back is welcomed

Cheers Jarid

I have the uniden remote head uhf. I use the steelie magnetic holders for the mic and also my phone in the car. Very easy to use and prefered over standard mic holder

Comment

As i have the gx model and no sat nav i run the vms700hdx gps always and you can see the other location of the steelie for phone holder or obviously the uhf mic can go up there

Comment

Rear bar is mcc. Dual swing away arms. One with sparr wheel which when camping has a bag on for more storage, dual jerry can holders usualy one water one fuel. Also welded on arm behind wheel for lights. One connected to reverse lights facing back and one facing forward on a switch. This one faces forward so when camping and the swing away is open it lights up the area behind the boot.

Comment

Also a nifty spot for the wood splitter

Comment

Side steps/rock sliders and side rails to bull bar.. all MCC bar work btw. Great protection and strong as hell

Also as seen an oztrail 2.5x2.5 awning that i usually run the side wall extention aswell.. a must really for camping these days

Comment

Front bar again mcc. Comes with fog lights and indicators/parkers. Does do a body cut at front for a snug fit. Fitted with a kingone winch, uhf aerial, vhf aerial, 2 amazing led spot lights and also running underneath body protection from the bar back all from mcc dandenong

Also seen in pic is the roof led bar.
                This car being the gx had no rack system so i run the rolla track system and cross bars with ally cage on top

Comment

Will post pics of rear boot when draws are done.
                  Lift is meant to be arriving today so that is also to come

Let me know of thoughts and ideas

Comment

• Ree
                    Ree commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How did you go with your rear draws?

Nice build thanks for sharing.

Comment

Looks awesome. Can you post some pics of the dual battery setup?

Comment

nice build mate , well done.
                      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks for sharing your build

Comment

Looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                          X