Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there!

Hello!

After some thinking, test drives and other considerations, I ordered a Fortune GXL on last Friday that will be delivered by the end of July or early August. I understand that mine is a kind of new release or so, not big differences but what I learned is that Manual won't be available anymore and there will be an option for dark red leather on GXL and tan leather on the Crusade.

I missed the bus on the FJ for diverse reasons but when the Tuna was released I knew that eventually I would get one.

Although I knew that I wanted the Fortuner, I tried the MU-X, Holden Colorado and Pajero Sport (whose back is the most horrible thing on Australian roads imho lol) and at the end of the day, none of them made me change my mind, even the lack of this fancy gadgets on other vehicles...

I found this forum on Friday when I got back from the dealer and I've reading several post during the weekend. Those DPF's post are kind of scary but I guess I should be fine.

The most useful post I found is about removing the 3rd row of seats. I don't need them, I just need a big boot and that was my main discussion with every Toyota dealer I've visited. The Kluger was offered in 5 or 7 seats configuration, it should be the same with the Fortuner.

So, I'm happy I took this decision. I'm looking forward to getting it. I still have to decide what accessories I'm installing but I know that once I have it, it will be lots of fun.

Cheers

Hi J.A enjoy the forum and the car mate. It’s truly a great vehicle!

Comment

Enjoy the Forum. Lots of info & people willing to share their thoughts & advice. I'm not mechanically minded, but the guys really help out.

Comment

Hi everyone. Newbie too from Melbourne. See you all around.. by the way, my name is Max.
        Goodyear Autocare

Comment

• j.a.
          j.a. commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum!

Hi J.A. Welcome aboard. I've had my Crusade for 2 years now and enjoy every moment I drive it. I do challenge my car and take it to places a lot of 4WD drivers (Irrespective of make) wouldn't take their car and I always get out of my car with a smile on my face especially when I have had my car close to vertical in both directions and still no complaints from the car. I have broken it a couple of times (my fault) and it has pin stripes along the side but that's all part of the fun of having a car that can go virtually anywhere. Have fun.

Comment

• j.a.
          j.a. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

You remind me a question of a friend when I told him I was thinking between a performance car or the Fortuner: do you want to go faster up to 110km/h or do you want to go anywhere? I’m happy I chose going anywhere, at the end of the day the Tuner will do 110 in the highway as well lol

Hi everyone.. me to am just new here. Please welcome me aboard See you all around guys.
        Beaurepaires Australia

Comment

• j.a.
          j.a. commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome mate! Let’s have fun

Hi there. Enjoy the forum

Comment

As said by other - welcome! I have a GXL (2018 model) and love it. I want to remove the third row of seats...yep to create more space in the back...seems like something we almost all want to do. Just remember to keep the seats because when you go to sell the car, the seats must go back in.

Comment

• j.a.
            j.a. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks mate!

Yes, removing the seats might be the first thing I'll do when I get mine. I can't wait!

Toyota should offer 5 or 7 seats. I need room in the back, not seats lol
        Working...
        X