Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Track for weekend Getaway

Hey Guys and Girls

So we are located in Western Sydney Eastern Creek, just wondering if anyone can point us to a nice track which is begineers and no harsh terrain for the 1st track to bring our Fortuner with Kids this weekend when it does 1000KLMS.
    Just wondering some where close to location about 1.5 hours drive to location can you guys suggest something so I can review the track and location

Cheers happy FWDING

Have a look around the Wattagans, alternatively try may be Wombeyan Caves Road south of Mittagong. Then let the navigation system take you to Jenolan caves

Comment

try the glow worm tunnel track near Lithgow. there are some side tracks off that which are quite a challenge. Or maybe Baal Bone gap
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• mrh460
        mrh460 commented
        Editing a comment
        For someone wanting “no harsh terrain” ... Glow Worm Tunnel yes. Baal Bone Gap no. I did that track a while back and several vehicles (not me 😬) required winching.

https://youtu.be/6KyaUAUvGLY
        Last edited by mrh460; 3 weeks ago.

ok so Baal Bone is out , i havent been there for many many years since we moved to QLD.
      what about the Kowmung River / Kanangra Walls area ?
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

I would also recommend that you consider joining a family-friendly (rather than super-competitive) 4WD club.

Several clubs will be on site at the Sydney 4WD and Adventure Show at the Eastern Creek Dragway - 6th to 8th September.

I’ll be there with my club (the Subaru and Recreational 4WD Club) which runs a variety of trips, most of which are suitable for beginners.

https://sydney.4wdshow.com.au/

https://www.subaru4wdclub.com/

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Thanks Guys, sounds hectic, I live right in front of Eastern Creek Raceway hahah that would be awesome.
          Ok Lithgow Glow Worms tunnel track and Jenolan Caves sounds hectic.

Has anyone done BOV, Exhaust, and Sports Air Filter on theirs without a tune and seen their performance?

LOL

Comment

We have a variable vane geometry turbo, so no blow off valves.
            As for exhaust upgrades people have found negligible increase because of the DPF is just a big dampening siv.
            You could chip to give false readings on boost pressure and fuel rail pressure but that then creates havoc with the feedback from the air / fuel ratio sensor. Which from people I have talked to made it go into a regen about every 70kms. So that’s a bad option too.
            If you really want to increase power get it tuned with emission devices turned off.
            Or just run in power mode or for a faster response in power but no increase in actual power a chip for the pedal position seems to make people happy too.

edit/ now I just read your “Lol” comment.

Comment

I was in the blue mountains on the weekend and did Blackfellows Hands Trail and Lost City trail, both close to Lithgow (as is the glow worm tunnel). Blackfellows was easy (go around all the bogholes). Lost city was easy if you carefully choose all the chicken tracks, but could still be a little confronting for a total novice.
              Last edited by DaveC; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                Lost city was easy if you carefully choose all the chicken tracks, but could still be a little confronting for a total novice.
                Lost City has chicken tracks now ? must have changed a lot i havent been there for over 20 years , you used to be able to get a 2wd there , and even drive right down to the bottom pagodas. Probably erosion i guess.

I remember when the first NM Pajeros came out , Mitsi took all the journalists down there and everyone was trying to defeat the traction control without success
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by Bongsta View Post
                  Hey Guys and Girls

So we are located in Western Sydney Eastern Creek, just wondering if anyone can point us to a nice track which is begineers and no harsh terrain for the 1st track to bring our Fortuner with Kids this weekend when it does 1000KLMS.
                  Just wondering some where close to location about 1.5 hours drive to location can you guys suggest something so I can review the track and location

Cheers happy FWDING
                  Yes definitely join a 4WD Club, you get driver training included in your membership.
                  I've been in the All Wheel Drive Club of Sydney for over 30yrs and would recommend it to others.
                  Meetings once a month at Forestville RSL
                  https://awdc.com.au/

At least 3 Fortuners in the club.

Comment

Working...
                  X