Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration and rattle chellenges

Greetings All!!

So I bought the new Fortuner. Its gone 4000km now and I'm loving the look power and feel. However I have been battling vibrations and rattling noise since driving it. Some wins some loses. I have dynamat all the trimming underneath the steering wheel and glove box and insulated the foot airvents with cloth and also the DAB box on the top of the wind shield which helped. Now I'm getting rattle from the side step ends which is noticeably loose which I am also thinking of doing it myself. I keep telling myself that its a new engine so hopefully in time these vibrations and rattles will soon go away. But here's hoping.

Has anyone experienced the same thing??

I'll add a few photos soon.

Cheers
    Last edited by Romulous; 27-05-2016, 12:05 PM.

hello romulous

pls see the link post, whether the your issue is similar to me?

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...ne-got-similar

tku max

Comment

• Romulous
      Romulous commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it sound like it. Now i'm getting this clack sound outside driver side wheel area in the cold morning when I'm reversing out of the drive way ready to drive off. It seems someone else in the forum has experience that too? some thing about the the diff gear? or transmission gear? Hopefully its a Toyota thing because I don't hear any other time apart from morning start up drives. You?

Originally posted by Romulous View Post
    Greetings All!!

So I bought the new Fortuner. Its gone 4000km now and I'm loving the look power and feel. However I have been battling vibrations and rattling noise since driving it. Some wins some loses. I have dynamat all the trimming underneath the steering wheel and glove box and insulated the foot airvents with cloth and also the DAB box on the top of the wind shield which helped. Now I'm getting rattle from the side step ends which is noticeably loose which I am also thinking of doing it myself. I keep telling myself that its a new engine so hopefully in time these vibrations and rattles will soon go away. But here's hoping.

Has anyone experienced the same thing??

I'll add a few photos soon.

Cheers
    Hi mate,

is this your first diesel?
    I too am getting used to the Fortuner after having come from an awesome highway cruiser V6 Tarago which was really smooth and quiet.
    i do notice some extra rumbling noises at times which I suspect might be the DPF burn off after reading some chatter on here.
    the only thing I notice in my car is a little wind noise coming from the drivers door which I'll get the dealer to check out soon.

Comment

Well its my first real off road diesel. My wife has the new Outlander and its a lot quieter but on the other hand its not a true off roader so it's just taking me a bit of time getting used to what's a normal noise what's not. But my next upgrade is sound deadening all four doors with dynamat.

Comment

Nice..My wife has a current model AWD X-Trail and that's much smoother and quieter to drive.
        At the end of the day our cars were made for real bush bashing (try doing that in the Outlander/X-Trail)

Comment

I found where most of rattle comes from!! I notice the air vent from for the feet on the drivers side just above the foot rest cause a rattle. SO I dynamat insulated it with cloth tape and now it's just sounds like deep rumble which is better than a plastic rattle. The car sounds a lot better now.

Comment

I did have an diesel engine car, it is T5 VW multivan 2.0TDI, vw's diesel engine sound is quite typical one, louder, but the engine sound is all the same.

the fortuner engine inside is quieter than vw, but the problem of my car is the engine sound louder from time to time, when it became louder, feel not smooth, moving struggle and feel need press deeper to reach certain speed and feel not solid when pressing pedal, oh! and feel more shaking transfer to steel wheel

any onne got similar?

Comment

Originally posted by maxnan View Post
              I did have an diesel engine car, it is T5 VW multivan 2.0TDI, vw's diesel engine sound is quite typical one, louder, but the engine sound is all the same.

the fortuner engine inside is quieter than vw, but the problem of my car is the engine sound louder from time to time, when it became louder, feel not smooth, moving struggle and feel need press deeper to reach certain speed and feel not solid when pressing pedal, oh! and feel more shaking transfer to steel wheel

any onne got similar?
              No mate..
              have you gone back to the dealership and told them about your problems?

Comment

Yes, RALF, dealer recorded the issue and told me another car has the same.

Comment

Working...
                X