New Member looking at buying Fortuner Crusade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member looking at buying Fortuner Crusade

Hi all. This might seem weird but I'm looking at buying Fortuner Crusade been car shopping for a while. Keep changing my mind from good looking Fortuner that the wife likes to a boring looking 2014 Prado. The problem that I've got is 3 kids two boys 9 and 7 and 2year old girl we are after comfort and room. I owned a Hilux for 10 year until number 3 came along had problems fitting three booster seats so we ended up buying a Toyota Kluger.
    I wont to go back to camping and exploring Australia in a real 4*4 and not worrying about filling up every 400km like the Kluger.
    I've been reading your forum and found it very intrusting and worry at time with vibration noises 4*4 system not disengaging, Load engine noise
    Been to Toyota and drove Fortuner and like the drive need to get used to the diesel sound again. Not keen on that roof mount seat belt that passes in front on the kids face its like they are missing a clip around the shoulder area
    I need some good feedback on the Fortuner and a decent Toyota dealership that offers good deals. And understand the different between Crusade and GXL sick

Regards
    Loz

My wife is impressed with our GX Fortuner, n I have had not had issues with the 4wd system. I am still trying to workout the best n quickest way to engage the diff lock. It works well when engaged though!!

the car also drives better on the beach then my previous 09 Hilux.

Comment

Originally posted by Lozza View Post
      Hi all. This might seem weird but I'm looking at buying Fortuner Crusade been car shopping for a while. Keep changing my mind from good looking Fortuner that the wife likes to a boring looking 2014 Prado. The problem that I've got is 3 kids two boys 9 and 7 and 2year old girl we are after comfort and room. I owned a Hilux for 10 year until number 3 came along had problems fitting three booster seats so we ended up buying a Toyota Kluger.
      I wont to go back to camping and exploring Australia in a real 4*4 and not worrying about filling up every 400km like the Kluger.
      I've been reading your forum and found it very intrusting and worry at time with vibration noises 4*4 system not disengaging, Load engine noise
      Been to Toyota and drove Fortuner and like the drive need to get used to the diesel sound again. Not keen on that roof mount seat belt that passes in front on the kids face its like they are missing a clip around the shoulder area
      I need some good feedback on the Fortuner and a decent Toyota dealership that offers good deals. And understand the different between Crusade and GXL sick

Regards
      Loz
      Hi mate,
      if you want room and comfort then go for the Prado.
      Have a scan on Carsales and see if you can grab yourself a current model VX for similar money to a Crusade.
      cheers,

Ralf.

Comment

Hello Lozza

if you are after comfort and room for 3 kids, Prado, new volvo xc90, new mazada cx9 will be a good choice.

But fortuner is a little bit unique, slim, balanced between comfortable and real 4x4, but for over 3 kids family, comfortable is more important I think.

if you do not like prado or klulger style, a little bit more budget, new xc90 or even cheaper coming mazada cx9 worth to consider.

Fortuner itself actually lack latest safety pack and premium speaker, you might not like it's seat layout.

Regarding noise and vibration, seems just me report this issue on this forum, not a common problem.

the reason I choose fortuner is my old VW T5 got a engine problem again and again, I need a realiable brand, so I choose toyota.

comparing to prado , fortuner and kulger, I choose slim body fortuner, because my VW T5 is wide enough, so I want to try slim body.

I only got 2 kids, but for 3 kids, I think worth to think carefully between fortuner and prodao, new volovoxc90, new cx9, even hyundai santafei.

on caradvice, I remember one guy got $60000 mark for crusade including towbar+mat+extra warranty.

fortuner to me still a good car actually, it is a balanced car from size to comfortable to real 4x4.

thank you max

Comment

Thanks for all the replies . I enquired about Crusade on Carsales White, auto, $55000 Ex demo might grab the kids this afternoon and try it out again. I think might just hold off. Do you research prior to jumping straight in to just buying one

Thanks
          Loz

Comment

I did do a research before buying, at that time, new fortuner just launch in Oct last year, and my VW t5 van just sold, comparing to prado gxl vs new fortuner crusade, we went to the crusade directly, but not too much discount for the new launch car

$55000 is a very good price, try let dealer including tow bar, extra warranty and front bar, rubber mat should be included, becasue there is only one choice.

tku max

Comment

I'm going nuts just purchase that Fortuner picking up on Thursday. Went with the wife to have a look and fell in love. Crusade Auto white with cream leather I didn't mind wife not keep on cream seats.

Comment

• RALF
                RALF commented
                Editing a comment
                That trim colour is awesome.
                I have a White Pearl Crusade with the same interior colour and it looks all class.
                Good choice.

Ralf I totally agree I really liked the interior colour. Good bye kluger fuel duzler.

Comment

Hey mate congrates. I researched for 6 months and found the Fortuner best option. I have a graphite with the fawn interior and love it but does get i little dirty easy. but not hard to clean. Make the interior feel grand. John

Comment

Good choice and good deal, enjoy!

Comment

What a bloody bargain!

Comment

Congrats

Yep mine was the first one sold at the dealership and was the day after they had delivery of it - didnt get much discount as a result

managed a few grand off but nothing like that!!

No regrets - got the right car for me in the end and already enjoyed on several trips away in 7 months..glad i didnt buy the alternatives

Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Comment

Thanks guys can't wait, while post some pics😏I need some nice 4*4 track to tackle nothing to extreme one of the boys is scared , any suggestions South Coast or Sydney area?

Comment

Ive been on trips out zig zag railway area, around upper colo, bridal track/hill end, Victorian High Country and quite a bit of Beach driving on a few beaches from forster area through to mid north coast of nsw.. great fun. car hasn't missed a beat.

Plenty of info around online etc or maps at ARB etc

Good luck
                          Last edited by 4Tuner; 22-01-2017, 05:17 PM.
                          Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Comment

Working...
                          X