Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wait is killing me!!

Hi all

My partner and I have been eyeing off Fortuners since they came out and started looking around recently to upgrade our 2012 Nissan Xtrail. We've ordered a pearl white GXL (the new model) from Toyota but we don't get it until mid-December :'(

Anyway, started to get a list together of all the stuff we want. We're getting the tow bar and roof racks from Toyota but I want to put one of the Rola Titan racks on it. They come up on special at Supercheap today and I was wondering if anyone has advice on the size. The Titan site points to the 1,500 x 1,200 but I see there is a an 1,800 x 1,200...would that be pushing it? From lurking on this forum and have a look at the one in South Africa the racks seem to be rated for 80kgs...is that right?

Anyway, probably a lot of questions for my first post! I'm sure I'll have more questions but hope I will be able to offer some answers myself one day!

We're a small family who likes to get on the beach and it's just a bit too hard in the XTrail. Really looking forward to get the Fortuner and doing some exploring - the amount of hours of "Bogged at Inskip" I've watched is getting ridiculous ha ha!

Oh, I'm not on FB so I don't know if I can still see stuff on there? Is it a close group?

Cheers - Ben

You might find I sometimes answer my own questions :P

I just measured my existing roof cage that I've used on the XTrail and it's only 1,200 x 900...I think the 1,500 x 1,200 seems sensible for the Fortuner

Comment

welcome to the forum , yes the FB group is a closed one , join up if you see it on there. while measuring the roof basket , dont forget to allow a bit less for the bit above the tailgate , when the tailgate is open.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Hi Ledgy, welcome to the forum. At least you are now 1 week closer to December. Not being on FB myself I miss out on awful lot of Tuna info. I think you have made quite a good choice of car, the Tuna is very capable straight out of the box. The only problem is saving enough money for all the mods to make it a great tourer. Don’t have roof racks yet so can’t help you there. But I do want a set of rear draws and a long range tank. Had my GX 3 months now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue GX View Post
          Hi Ledgy, welcome to the forum. At least you are now 1 week closer to December.
          Hey! Yeah, slowly nudging closer!!

Originally posted by Blue GX View Post
          But I do want a set of rear draws and a long range tank. Had my GX 3 months now.
          If you're on Gumtree someone has some for sale at the Gold Coast

Comment

Working...
          X