Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-purchase research

Hi
    Looking a buying a New or very late GX. I am looking for mainly 4WD capability and this seems the best of this type of car around (ute based). What are they like off road? They have more clearance and better approach, departure and break-over angles than a Prado. Am I missing something?
    Dan

No , you are right , they work well off road , and there are plenty of aftermarket mods you can do to make them better. They weigh 200kg less than a Prado so some attributes can be related to that factor alone.
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I would like to do a few mods trying keeping costs down. I would probably put a spring spacers on rear & strut spacers on the front to give a bit of a lift and to assist keeping level when towing a camper trailer (750Kg) and for better clearance. I have done this before on another car and it is cheap and works very well keeping the original ride qualities of the vehicle. Probably a Bull bar & Tow bar and maybe a snorkel . ( I will have a look at air cleaner setup first) .
      Dan

Comment

front strut spacers are not recommended for the Hilux / Fortuner / Prado suspension - they end up causing bent struts on full compression . Join the Facebook page for the N80 Hilux and there are plenty of photographic examples of this occuring.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks, they must be designed right on the limit, good to know. How are the new model Fortuner's with the 150KW motor on fuel. approximate range per tank - real world.

Comment

Working...
          X