Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GXL tow wagon

Gday all,

Were seriously looking into a GXL Fortuner demo at the moment to replace a V6 Prado. We have a big trip coming up around 10,000 km, and don't think the petrol Prado is up to the job of towing our 2.5 t caravan. I'd be interested to know if anyone here has towed caravans that size and how the Fortuner goes with sag, economy and comfort. Seems like a weight distribution maybe required, or at least airbags in the rear/hd springs. We've got a HR WDH setup already - anyone know if they fit and are 'approved'?

Also be interested on any info on a long range tank - i've heard they're developing one as a spare wheel replacement, I'm wondering if they do a small aux tank above the spare wheel?

Cheers!

Well just bit the bullet. Signed up for a MY16 GXL Fortuner in Silver with towpack, towpro elite, weather shields, floor and cargo mats. Got a pretty good deal (I think) and very excited. Took it for another test drive directly after looking at an MUX and the improvement in noise, handling and finish was astounding. Mods to come are - 12 pin plug, dual battery with power to the rear and anderson plugs for the tow rig, roof racks, tint and swapping the Coopers over from my last car (hopefully!). Anyone got any advise on using the HR WDH at all?

Cheers!

Comment

I think Toyota have on as a factory extra

Comment

Sorry, they recommend trying use of a WDH

http://www.caravanworld.com.au/tow-v...-gxl-tow-test/

Comment

I checked toyotas web site they have factory WDH. See photo below

Comment

Yeah, thanks - saw that. Only $700! I've got a HR WDH in the garage. I'll see how that fits when we take delivery of the car this week and report back...

Comment

Working...
            X