Increased Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased Idle

Hi All, recently picked up my Fortuner Crusade and have noticed every now and then that when I stop at a traffic light that my idling will in crease from around 800 rpm to just over 1000rpms. It's not the "up idle" which can be switched on nor is it the aircon. It comes and goes and I can't figure out why. The car is due for its first service in a few days, but we all know it will not happen on that day. Anyone picked up on that and by any chance know the reason for it? PS...love that car!!!!

Hello Wiza. Davidd gives a good answer in the Tech section, Mechanical, DPF burn. Hope this helps.
    Nothing wrong with your engine, you're just noticing it doing a DPF burn.

Comment

• Wiza
      Wiza commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mick...will read his comment

Originally posted by Wiza View Post
    Hi All, recently picked up my Fortuner Crusade and have noticed every now and then that when I stop at a traffic light that my idling will in crease from around 800 rpm to just over 1000rpms. It's not the "up idle" which can be switched on nor is it the aircon. It comes and goes and I can't figure out why. The car is due for its first service in a few days, but we all know it will not happen on that day. Anyone picked up on that and by any chance know the reason for it? PS...love that car!!!!
    Hello, I got similar problem as you, my crusade auto is around 4000km, I did notice the sharp sound many times within 1000km new car check, then I wrote a describtion letter to dealer about this problem to dealer at 1000km check, but they told me everything is normal and engine is normal, the problem I got as follows:

Several times engine sound suddenly louder than usual when press accelerator pedal.

At same time, I can feel a little bit vibration when the noise happen, especially at accelerator pedal.

When it happen, feel power is not enough, need to press accelerator more deeper, but more deeper more louder.

Originally, I thought might be gear changing problem, but after driving some distances, personally, I think gear might be ok, or might be other reasons.
    ( normally, if gear is in low position, people will feel not enough power and more noise coming from engine),

But it feels a little bit different from that, the gear changing seems ok, but nosie still come out.

Turn off engine, restart again, seems OK, but after driving some distance, this problem happen again randomly and according to my memory, it seems happen always at like , waiting Mac Donald drive though or waiting for the traffic light, once the car start to move again, the engine sound change louder when accelerating, not always, but did happen several times.

thank you

Comment

Working...
    X