New member from Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Melbourne

Hello Fortuner memebers. I have just joined this forum and wanted to say hello. I currently own Landcruiser 76 series 2013 and in the process of replacing it with a Fortuner GXL with snorkel, steel side steps and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 which I've been running on my last two 4wds.

I'm really struggling with letting go of the V8 but need little more comfort and love the look and feel of the Fortuner. It looks reasonably capable offroad so I hope it won't disappoint.

I spend one weekend a month in the High Country and one outback trip a year. I don't tow and travel alone in the car most of the time. I hope standard clearance will be good enough until the original suspenssion is up for replacement.

Look forward to reading your interesting posts and feedback.

Regards,
    Sash

‚Äč

Welcome to the forum, Sash.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Thanks mrh460. Gee I've been reading some posts and starting to worry! All these Fortuner owners reporting misterious knocking sounds coming from the driveline.

Comment

Used ATZ's on my old Hilux and would like to use them again on my GXL.
        How are the ATZ's for size on the Fortuner ?

Comment

• red_dune
          red_dune commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Wiggy, just picked up my Fortuner on Monday with ATZ's and it feels great. I was expecting a little bit more noise but can hardly hear them. It also fills the guards nicely as they are little bit bigger then factory tyres. Very happy with them.

Originally posted by red_dune View Post
        Thanks mrh460. Gee I've been reading some posts and starting to worry! All these Fortuner owners reporting misterious knocking sounds coming from the driveline.
        Hi Sash,
        No issues here on a stock car with 7500k's.

Are you referring to reports of knocking on take-off from those with raised suspension? This would appear to be an under-engineered suspension mod, though I guess it is disappointing that a modest 50mm lift can cause such issues without having to engineer specific workarounds.

Hilux owners have reported knocking / backlash from the tailshaft on stock cars, though I haven't seen that issue reported here for fortuners.

Dave

Comment

Got 50mm front
          60mm rear on my forty and shutters like mad.
          Needs to be fixed

Comment

Comment

DaveC, yes I read couple of post regarding knocking on take-off, but didn't realise it only affected raise suspension. I am not planning to lift it in the first year so I hope engineering guys will come up with a solution by then.

Comment

There are solutions, you just have to shop around.

ARB & TJM have spacers, but you could pack your center bearing down with washers until it stops the vibration, but you'll have to buy longer bolts.
                Last edited by Skardo22; 14-09-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Comment

This is all it takes to get rid of the vibration... Referring to spacer in above photo...

Comment

Working...
                    X