Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• young_dazza's GX

G'day

In March I purchased a Fortuner GX, mainly because its big enough to fit the family, and strong enough to tow a caravan on forest trails. Also it comes in a manual transmission, which I find much better for towing.
    Having previously owned a 4runner (130 series, 1990) and then a Prado (95 series, 1998), both of which were exceptionally reliable, I had no hesitation buying another Toyota.
    At the car yard I had genuine alloy wheels, mud mats and a tow-bar fitted. Since then I have fitted a TJM colour-coded T13 steel bullbar (which includes fog lights and rated recovery point), Kings 7" driving lights (from 4wdsupacenter) a Uniden UH5000 UHF CB radio. a Redarc Tow Pro elite brake controller fitted, and some sheepskin car seat covers.
    So far I'm very happy with the car. Its quite quick off the mark, and handles quite well. I like the trim level of the base model, especially the hill assist and reversing camera. I'm still getting used to the reverse gear being to the left of first (I've accidentally shifted into reverse at the traffic lights too many times!), and the lack of sat-nav is annoying.
    The only other upgrades I'd consider at the moment is an android based head unit, but I'm a bit nervous about the trim quality of an after market radio + a 2din adapter kit.
    This forum has been an invaluable source of information so far, and I'm hoping I can help contribute.

Cheers
    - young_dazza

Welcome aboard! The car looks great.
    How do you find those 7" LED lights? They are so cheap, I'm tempted to get a pair

Dave

Comment

• thehunteroz
      thehunteroz commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave, i've got the 7" ones on mine, and they are pretty damn good for the money you pay. I want to get a set of STED's but they are more like $600 for the set.

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    How do you find those 7" LED lights? They are so cheap,
    Thanks Dave. Yeah they're very good value. They feel quite solid, not like the usual eBay crap.Time will tell whether they also stand up to the elements. As for the light it's very bright. Lights up the whole street. I have yet to try them in the bush though. I'll report back later to let you know how they fare.

The only negative is that when mounted on the TJM bar the frame for the light almost touches the plastic trim under the grille. I have attached some photos...

cheers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by young_dazza; 10-04-2017, 06:38 PM. Reason: Attached some photos

Comment

Working...
    X