X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you all going?

Hey Guys,

Koby here from Brisbane... Currently in the market for a Fortuner,

I haven't had a 4wd in a few years so definitely itching to get back into it! I use to own a HiLux Surf (pause for laughs) .
    I've decided on a Crusade still at the planning stage of accessories, tyres, bull bar, side steps, pioneer platform, snorkel etc.

I have a few questions......

Bullbar:

Am i right to say "Don't" get the OEM Steel bull bar due to no recovery points?

So ARB or TJM would be the way to go?

Are there many of you hitting the track with the 18 rims on. I can't decide on to whether to change to decent A.T or go down to 17s as well. What are you thoughts?

I'd love to see some pics of your trucks all geared up!

TJM is definitely cheaper they also include rated recover points, LED fog lamps and all switches etc in the price, and up until recently ARB were not using 63MM tube!
    Steer clear of the OEM bar as they are just not as good as Toyota make out

Comment

• KOBYS
      KOBYS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate

I have a different opinion on the bullbars. I'm perfectly happy with the genuine steel bar.
    I think it's the best fitting bar available.
    I'm also happy to use both original recovery points together with a bridle.
    You can usually get a very good deal on the genuine bar if bought at the time of vehicle purchase.

ps - Rhino 4x4 sliders go on next week. 🙂
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Great pics mrh460!

I agree re. original recovery points. You'll have to have a look and decide for yourself KOBYS.

There's some further discussion on that here:
      https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...-points-anyone
      I've taken it one step further now by using soft shackles (http://roadsafe.com.au/4wd/soft-shackle/) to attach the bridle/equaliser to the recovery points. That way there's no new steel introduced at all.

As for the bar, I like the ARB steel one

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, i'll check it.

Comment

Just read the thread, good video too, Cheers Mate

Comment

I've a GX with Toyota steel bar with the Warn winch set up. If I new at the time I couldn't get recovery points or fog lights for the bar from toyota for it, I'd have got any other brand bar.

I also have a synthetic bridle / equalising rope to attach to the tie down points in an emergency recovery situation if the winch won't do.

Re the synthetic equalising rope. These are very expensive & after I got it, was told using a tree trunk protector does the same job & are cheaper, & these come in different load ratings & lengths. Anyway, food for thought...

Comment

Dynamica equaliser ropes are less than $100 and much less bulky than tree trunk protectors.
              Of course if you have a winch you'd need a tree trunk protector anyway.

A good Toyota dealer will be able to sort the fog lights out for you. Oops - just remembered you're interested in a Crusade, so the GX fog light issue won't affect you.
              Last edited by mrh460; 02-05-2017, 07:51 AM.
              2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Working...
              X