Hi flashlube catch cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi flashlube catch cans

Hi new to toyotas and diesels.. good site for information .. I have bought a GXL 2015 pretty well loaded with accessories like .. Toyota gear: steel winch bar with warn winch , stub bars/ side steps, hella rallye 3003 spotties, towbar, roof racks, snorkel.
    afternarket: icom uhf/ antenna, Anderson plug , extra rear 12 v plug , red arc brake controller , trailer plug ( large and small combo flat pin narva), airbag man rear airbags
    my add on Wishlist is cargo barrier , dual battery, but after reading slot of the forums I reckon first will be a catch can and maybe an extra fuel filter??
    i was wondering if anyone considered flashlube cans?.. priced about $443 ish for a kit...
    any info be appreciated cheers

$443 for a catch can , is that installed? the Provent kits are around $300 on Ebay and about 45mins to fit. An extra fuel filter is a good idea. most people go with a 30 micron Pre filter ( they are best for removing water ) . that kit is about $300 on ebay as well , probably an hour to fit.
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Cheers for your reply White One.. that is just to buy the flashlube catch can.. have read about the Provent and also hpd cans as well and was curious if anyone had tried flashlube saw the video of old mate from terrain tamer and roothy of 4wd action talking bout them .. trying to figure out which would be better quality?..
      love the rig impresssd so far looking forward to plenty of family adventures with it

Comment

I also like the look of the terrain tamer kit. The theory of having a replaceable filter makes sense to remove oil particles from entering the inlet manifold. Its next on my list to do aswell

Comment

The Terrain Tamer unit is just a rebranded Provent 200 , with a different sticker on the box. I have one and It will work well with our motors . Roothy is paid to say whatever he blabs about any product and it doesnt always mean he uses it himself ( on camera ) . He changes allegiances regularly .
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

Just googled Provent 200 & found Berrima Diesel are currently selling them for $199 +$15 delivery. Down from $249, if it helps anyone.

Comment

I too am keen on installing one of these. Has anyone asked Toyota about the warranty impact??

Comment

no impact to warranty , they dont impede the flow of oil fumes in any way , just reduce the oil droplet size going back for recycling. They do a great job too , unscrew the cap with engine running and you wouldnt believe how much oil fume there is. the internal filter needs to be changed at 40,000 or can be cleaned anyway.
                if you want to see major oil fuming check out the VM engine in the new Colorado!!
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
                X