Hi There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi There

Just joined the Forum after several visits for information.
    We have a 2015 GX manual Fortuner. We are a retired couple intetested in 4x4ing and caravaning.
    Our Fortuner has factory alloys, bullbar tow bar as well as a Redarc brake controller. I have recently fitted Polyair rear air bags plus UHF and led light bar.
    Great truck.
    One question. Being an old fart I find the headlights a bit lacking.
    Has anybody found and fitted replacement led headlight globes?.
    Cheers

Welcome Russ and Sue.

I too would be interested in an answer to this question.

I'm sure someone will be able to help us out.

Michael.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Russ and Sue Drury Welcome to the forum,
      mrh460
      I have the 2015 GX, and have found that there are cheap $100 options for replacing the factory low beams, that's all i replaced, and have recently put on some really great Jaycar Spotlights.
      Anyway here is one of my previous posts, be warned though about the legality in your State about the Blue look and brightness, in W.A. the police here are pretty easy in regards to the lights.

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for.../page2?pp=5571
      Last edited by thehunteroz; 31-05-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Welcome Russ & Sue
        Im sure the 'tuner will be ideal for towing. What is the size/weight of your caravan? How do you find it travels on the road? Did you have rear end sag before you installed the poly air bags? Do they help with the sag? Do they affect the ride comfort in any way?
        Cheers
        young_dazza

Comment

• Skardo22
          Skardo22 commented
          Editing a comment
          i tow a 2400kg tandem caravan, i have ironman 2 inch lift (comfort rear springs) load distribution hitch and the truck sits level with van on and car loaded. The Forty does know its there and it does effect the handling, but in saying that i believe it does well n i have no complaints. You put 2400kg on any vehicle and it will effect its handling.

Good thing about the Forty (Toyota) over other vehicles is we lose 5kg off our tow rating when vehicle is at GVM. My brothers Ranger loses close to 600kg off tow rating when vehicle is at GVM.
          Last edited by Skardo22; 03-06-2017, 01:15 PM.

Hi young-dazza

​​​​​Our van is a single axle 17'. It weighs 1400kg. The Fortuner tows it like its not there. After a trip down the south coast of NSW my overall mileage was under 10 litres per 100. Awesome. Thats sitting on the speed limit. It tows a lot better than my previous Pajero 3.5 V6 at over 16 litres per 100.
        I do have a Hayman Reese weigth distribution set up and even with that the Tuna was slightly down in the rear.
        No more worries now with the air bags. No real noticeable change to ride. Only have 10kg in them when not towing and the rear is slightly higher than standard.
        We love it.

Comment

Thanks hunteroz. Ill give the lights a try.

Comment

Hi Russ & Sue,
            i have a Crusade with the LED lights and to be honest didn't find the hig beam that flash so I got myself a Lightforce 2 row light bar.
            it cost me just over $600 but the light it puts out on the dark roads is awesome.
            Good luck with the Forty.

cheers,

Ralf..

Comment

Working...
            X