Hi from Mark in Derby WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Mark in Derby WA

Here's my 2015 GX on the May River just up the Gibb River Road. Loving the car and just about finished accessorising it. We're only a few km's from the Gibb so plenty of 4wd opportunities

Nice set up

Comment

• Mark
      Mark commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Anthony, I've spent a fair bit of time and money getting it to where it is. The off roading up here is sensational and the Toyota DNA means you have confidence in everything you tackle. What's your set up?

Mine's a 2015 demmo model GX, which being a salesman's car, was already up-specced with leather trim & 18" alloys.

I had Toyota fit their steel bull bar & winch by the dealer, plus their tow bar. Then to ORS (Off Road Systems - no affiliation) for aluminium drawers; then to ARB (no affiliation) for 7" spotties, UHF radio, dual battery system & 40 mm lift using OME nitro charger set up. But finding the rear sagged with tools etc in it 24/7, I upgraded the springs to 200kg rating.

Being a GX, I also had ARB install Rhino's roof rails, & got a Rhino Tradie Rack for it as well.

Comment

• Mark
      Mark commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great set up Anthony. I wish I'd gone the 18inch wheels like you did. I've got 17in alloys with Cooper ST Maxx tyres. I've got the same OME lift kit, dual battery, uhf radio, Toyota bull bar and Liteforce hid/led lights. I had Toyota fit a 110L aux fuel tank and put the spare on frame on the back. The Warn winch is a beauty and I've retro fitted Dual Titan draws and fitted a National Luna 90L fridge on a MSA drop slide.
      I'm glad I went entry model with only a couple of drawbacks - the halogen headlights are crap and not having climate control AC is a pain.
      I love the car though and get some admiring looks and comments. Off road I've given it a good go and it's fantastic. You happy with yours?

I like the drive of the car heaps. First real bit of off-road work will be September doing 3 days in Sunny Corner. Then October - November will be the Eyre Peninsular & Googs Track in Sth Oz for about 3 weeks. Also happy with fuel consumption around city & highway. I thought about the drop slide for the fridge but was concerned about too much weight, so just went for the normal slide.

The GVM aspect concerns me, to the point that after the Sunny Corner trip, I'm gonna have the car weighed while its still loaded up, to see how close I am to the GVM.

The long ranger fuel tank people told me in April they were working on both an auxiliary tank AND a replacement (for the main) tank & they were a few months away. I emailed them in July & there'd been no progress. Will wait another month & try them again. Would love more fuel on board without having to relocate the spare (more weight re GVM with a wheel carrier). So for now will settle for jerry cans mounted to the Rhino tradie platform.

Comment

Working...
    X