Second Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Battery

Hi I was wondering if anyone has put a Optima Yellowtop battery into a ARB battery tray and which battery you used?

Yes, ARB fitted the yellow top 55 ah into their tray, saying that's all they could fit due to the space available under the bonnet. Personally I'd of been much happier with 100 ah think its too small. Many others on this forum have put in N70 size deep cycle batteries, which is what I'll put in when my yellow top dies.

I believe the main concern is the weight of the second battery, which apparently is limited to 25 kgs. Hunt around in this forum for clues as to what others have done. There's lots of good info to be had!!

Comment

• Jim234
      Jim234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know if ARB used a D34 or D34/78?

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...ystem-from-ors
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Might want to be careful with battery weight.
      The Pirahna tray has a max battery weight of 21kg which could preclude N70 size batteries.

Comment

D34/78. Toyota service dept. in Berri (Sth Oz) told me the weight limit is 25 kgs. A week or so back I noticed ARB's 2017 item / price catalogue now mention the 25 kgs weight limit also.

Comment

Working...
        X