Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearltuna joins the ranks

Hi all,

just thought I'd introduce myself and show you all my 2017 tuna.

owned car now for a month or two and so far absolutely love it, have had no issues and no real complaints except the factory snorkel is loud and not watertight and the factory roof racks introduce a lot of wind noise above 80klm.

so what I have done so far to vehicle.

arb bull bar, brush bars and side steps.
    warn magnum 10 winch with rope
    gme uhf hidden behind dash and handset mounted in centre console.
    dual battery system using redarc bcdc 1225 dual input, 100ah battery in piranha tray, solar Anderson input mounted on stainless Bracket in bull bar and kings 160w foldable panels.(pwm controller bypassed and running direct to redarc unit to use it's mppt controller)
    factory Toyota snorkel (noisy not watertight, noise livable, can make watertight, looks better then safari)
    factory Toyota roof racks (noisy reccomend buying aftermarket)
    kings 2.5mx2.5m awning
    bfgoodrich ko2 32" tyres
    arb rated recovery points on front, hitch receiver recovery point rear.
    hema hx-1 mounted on ram mount (standard hema Mount useless and due to shape of dash and windscreen shape blocks vision badly, ram mount brings it forward more and hangs slightly over front of dash, blocks the clock)
    arb ome lift (was supposed to be a two inch lift, it is not , it's 35mm front and 25mm rear)
    arb intensity 32 led spot lights (spot Flood, way over priced but reasonable output, better out there for money)
    will ad some pics later once uploaded to photobucket
    Last edited by Pearltuna; 27-09-2017, 01:09 PM.

Pearltuna welcome along mate, where are you based?

Comment

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate, I'm based in lake maquarie area

Last edited by Pearltuna; 27-09-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• 4Tuner
      4Tuner commented
      Editing a comment
      First photo trial bay?

If so i think i have stayed on that exact site before. Great spot.

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep certainly is, was great spot only wish I took the kayak along for a paddle (was site 9 for others)

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      the other pics were at port maquarie end of plomer rd, was trip back from trial bay via every dirt track/national park along coastline

Nice rig.....
    Got a crystal pearl GXL myself

Comment

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate, best colour I reckon,the pearl looks great in the sun.

i seen ur Tuner the other day, looks good. Can I ask where you got your BFG's and how much?

Comment

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      I just missed out on the bfgoodrich swag deal there running at the moment.
      https://www.bfgoodrich.com.au/homepa...promotion.html

Have until Sept 30 to purchase
      Last edited by Pearltuna; 27-09-2017, 06:50 PM.

• Skardo22
      Skardo22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers, I'm looking at the BFG's or the new Falken AT3 which is getting gr8 reviews as well. only issue is i have 18's so tyres are more expensive. So are you running 265/70R17?

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, that's why I preferred the 17" rims plus better for off road the 265/70/17 just fit, it's prob one of the downsides to the tuna, small wheel arches

hey mate very nice rig. You have a lot of the things that i want save up for and put on my car as well. What RAM mount did you get for the hema and would you have a pic of where it sits please? I would have thought it would take out to much vision but from what your saying with that mount if it hangs lower it might not be to bad

Comment

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks mate, the ram mount I have does place it in a much better spot, even my midget wife has no trouble seeing past it 😊
      I'll take some pics next chance I get and post for you, it was quite expensive in configuration I bought and actually found it won't support the weight with that amount of leverage so I actually removed the short arm and just kept long arm on (kit I got had a long and short arm which allowed suction caps to be mounted at base of windscreen)

• Pearltuna
      Pearltuna commented
      Editing a comment

This may help. I bought an Akron tablet holder for my Hema HN7. This has a suction cup for attaching to the windscreen & an extendable arm, which I think suits the shallow dash / windscreen set up of the Fortuner, & I find it doesn't obstruct my vision too much. I got it off ebay (Australia) for around $40 something. Tested it off road for 3 days around the Capertee / Turon River area & it held fast.

5 Photos
    Tags: None

Comment

beauty mate thanks. By the looks of it i don't think you can get much better then that

Comment

nice ride mate good setup

Comment

Comment

Comment

That is just with the long arm attached, with the short arm the suction cups are further down windscreen.
              1x ram-b-189bu
              1x ram-b-202u
              2x ram-b-201u-c-
              1x ram-hol-un8bu-
              1x ram-b-230u
              total price=$196

so if after a cheaper alternative the one Anthony has shown above would be worth a shot

Comment

I gave up trying to mount my HN7 somewhere and just have it sitting in the center cup holder space when needed now. It sits there rather well with the excess cable tucked away behind it. Was wondering if anyone with a 3d printer has tried printing a cup holder mount for it? 🙂

Comment

Just completed a Googs Track trip bouncing over 300-ish sand dunes then into the Gawler National Park. The Akron holder never came off the windscreen.

Comment

Working...
                  X