New Foretuner club member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Foretuner club member

Hi all.....I Joined the Foretuner club last month and chose to go the optional grey alloys with the Graphite...... I haven't left bitumen yet ....but off to Fraser in a few weeks so I guess I will find out what the capabilities of the thing actually are...stay tuned!

They love Fraser Island!
    Be sure to stop into the Information Centre in Hervey Bay and ask for John . top bloke too.
    Last edited by White One; 27-01-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks Spook - will do...

Comment

Haha White One - yep we will definitely drop in for permits / maps etc - we are staying at Kingfisher this time, but scoping for later camper trailer expeditions. We will need somewhere to stay in Hervey Bay Motel style Sunday 14th January so recommendations would be good. Plan is so we get up and go straight to the Barge. We are coming up from Brissy, 2 adults 1 kid.

Comment

Thanks White One - will check it out

Comment

book the barge well in advance too , if you cant get the KFB barge on that morning then catch the Wangoolba Ck barge and back track via the inland roads.
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Hey White One - I posted this in Tech / Interior but maybe not a busy there. Maybe here there may be more people looking at it...Maybe you can help me?

I was just wondering where the 11 advertised speakers are in the JBL sound system set up set up in the latest Crusade? I can see the 6 up front and the 2 in second row and the sub in back door....but I am two speakers short??

Cheers if you can assist here !

Comment

sorry i cant help with that one , Ive not seen the new models close up yet. They are probably little tweeters hidden somewhere , or maybe dual cone units
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks Anyway - Someone out here will know where they are hidden!

BTW - Barge is booked through KFB so all good there.

Comment

• Spook1205
                    Spook1205 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I ran 18psi in my tyres the whole time and never got stuck.
                    If you get a chance drive the Valler of the Giants, not far from KBR.

Awesome Spook - thats the sort of info that helps - as drives that are close by KBR are easy to knock off.
                  The 18psi is noted - thats what we will do.. Thanks

Comment

Valley of the Giants was definitely one of my favourite finds last time up there.

Comment

• Cupladays
                      Cupladays commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah looks smick....

at work i have a list of bushwalks around KBR which are nice and popular . Even the Z Force Commando base ruins are worth a visit.
                    2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Cupladays
                      Cupladays commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you get a chance post those up and we will most probably do those......

Gidday Spook and White One. Dropped in at the Hervey Bay Info centre on the Saturday 13th they helped me out with everything I needed anyway. Spent the week on Fraser with the tyres on 18psi and can tell you I never turned off any of the electronic assistance as I just didn't need to. We just toddled around all week in 4H. Only switched into 4L once when we were sandwiched in between 3 buses on the way home one afternoon. That was the day the Outlander got caught on the rocks (checkout the Facebook page "I got bogged at Inskip Point" for the video) One thing I noticed in 4L it was beeping the whole time. Can this be switched off? Anyway thanks for the tips and we had a great time up there.
                    Last edited by White One; 27-01-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• mrh460
                      mrh460 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The beeping means you haven’t engaged 4L correctly. Did you shift to Neutral before switching to 4L?

• Spook1205
                      Spook1205 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Cupladays, good to hear you had a great time👍
                      My driving experience on there was the same, select 4H and let the vehicle do it’s thing.
                      As for the beeping in 4L mrh460 is spot on, I know because I’m guilty of doing the same thing. But what I learnt out of it is the vehicle was far more capable in 4H than I was expecting with my limited 4WD experience.
                      At least put a pic up of your Tuna on Fraser for us.
                      Cheers

• Cupladays
                      Cupladays commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah spot on mrh460 and Spook1205 and White one. Shifting into Neutral solved the 4L beeping. How simple. And I did read the manual! I promise

sorry i missed you i had to go to Sydney for a few days , family issues. Glad you had a good time though , the conditions have been quite good over the last 3 weeks and its been really busy over there. as others have said you need to engage neutral prior to engaging 4low , the actuator wont change otheriwse - though you think a simple dash message would be there to remind the driver.
                    2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Cupladays
                      Cupladays commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No probs ! Yeah I thought the driving conditions were good - just the tracks are NOT FLAT! Got a few bumps in a row where the timing was perfect to hit the bumpstops a couple of times haha. Other than that good fun.

Spook1205 - Here's a couple from Eli Creek. Sorry not too exciting.

Comment

• Spook1205
                      Spook1205 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ah nice one! Fraser is an awesome place and Eli creek changes so much. The Fortuner always looks good on the beach.
                  Working...
                  X